But my grandbabiiiiiiiies

By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 09:21 - Australia - Canberra

Today, after the topic of grandkids came up yet again, my fiancé confessed that we've been having trouble conceiving. Later, I overheard his mum telling him to take my engagement ring back to the store and get a refund, because apparently I'm not worth marrying if I can't give him kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 019
You deserved it 1 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh, she's one of those people who think the sole purpose of marriage or any relationship is to pump out kids. Give me a break.

Would-be grandmas blow everything out of proportion. So rude of her!

Comments

johncanact 13

To the nihilistic jerks that put YDI, have some respect. Completely unnecessary.

Lol don't think too much of it, @12. The people who vote YDI on this are the people who vote YDI on everything.

Most ppl who hit YDI are a) badge hunters b) mistapped YDI or c) just trolls

aeryn97 17

wow! you aren't even married and the problem could be him and not you at all! please speak with your fiance.

kittykat1501 31

finally! someone who gets that it could be the fiance!

nesteremily 31

Not even married yet and she thinks you should already have kids? I'm a little surprised you're even trying but I'm the type that wants to be married and have fun for a few years before kids. Good luck though!

OP could be 35 and been engaged having fun for the last 10 years.

At least you know which kind of idiot you are dealing with. Hope your man is man enough to side with you no matter what and ignore her, if he's not willing to say her to shut up and **** off. Good luck with your wishes about having a child and with that "mother"-in-law.

amileah13 26

Wow shame on her for even thinking that. You might not be the reason why it's hard to conceive, could be your fiancés issue. I hope things work out for you op :)

I mean, it's really not possible for human females to commit parthenogenesis is it?

Oh and that: "take the engagement ring back to the store and get a refund" it's really the icing on the cake that perfectly shows the character. What a miserable way to think on so many levels. Just awful.

It could just be a run of bad luck. I know people who spent years trying and ended up with many kids after about 5 years of no luck

Yup, took me 7 years to have my baby.

Could be stress of trying that's the problem, my wife and I quit pushing for conception just started having fun and bam she was pregnant with my daughter in less than a month.

OP you are in for a rough ride with this woman. If he doesn't or didn't stock up for you and your relationship, please rethink this. Mommie Dearest just automatically puts the blame on you, when there could be millions of reasons, her son could be (I hope not) one of them. People getting married will always, for the most part have families putting in their two sense, but when you get married you and your partner become your own family, that comes first before inlaws. Good luck!

I hope he defended you and you two are able to conceive!