But my grandbabiiiiiiiies

By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 09:21 - Australia - Canberra

Today, after the topic of grandkids came up yet again, my fiancé confessed that we've been having trouble conceiving. Later, I overheard his mum telling him to take my engagement ring back to the store and get a refund, because apparently I'm not worth marrying if I can't give him kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 019
You deserved it 1 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh, she's one of those people who think the sole purpose of marriage or any relationship is to pump out kids. Give me a break.

Would-be grandmas blow everything out of proportion. So rude of her!

Comments

She can **** off checkout Reddit.com/r/childfree

Is it even a problem on your side? Maybe it's your fiancé that has reproductive issues

WHAT A ****! I hope to goodness you told your fiance that you know what she said.

What a horrible thing for her to say! And if you've been trying for less than a year (if you're under 35, or less than six months if you're 35 or older), it's not even time to see a specialist yet. If you do need to see one, chin up! There are many treatments that can bring yall your bundle! Don't let her get you down.

Wow, talk about adding insult to injury. It's already bad enough you and your fiancé are having trouble with having a baby but then your future MIL makes you feel worthless (don't believe her) when you might not even be the reason you and your fiancé can't have a baby (it might be fiancé who's infertile or other factors could be involved.) Fortunately, there are options for you and your fiancé if you can't have a baby, like adoption, in-vito-fertilization etc. Unfortunately, there aren't many options available for dealing with you future MIL.