You're in the army now

By Crud - 06/02/2010 05:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of six months dumped me over the phone. I'm in the military and recently had to move away to another fort. We'd agreed that we would try to make long distance work. I'd even offered to buy a plane ticket to come see her each weekend. I've been gone less than two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 290
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Long distance is the name of the game for all military couples at one point or another. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it.

You found out about her before she could inflict serious damage in your life. Smile!

Comments

Orlinda 2

you know how many times I wish I could be there for soldiers because their gf is all messed up, cheating or what ever it is. if your going to cheat then just don't be with them. I feel sorry for you. :-(

LC3290 16

and I feel sorry for you, being such a thirsty slût must be hard work

The exact same thing happened to me. Except I'm a girl and he's the one who cheated. We had been together for almost a year when he had to move cross-country for his job. Since it was supposed to be temporary, I had no problem waiting for him to move back, and settling in the meantime for visiting each other once a month each. Well I never got a chance to fly out because he cheated on me within 3 weeks of moving. With some butterface girl, on top of that. You'll get over it, OP. Clearly she wasn't meant for you. To the right person who appreciates what they have in their relationship and whose feelings are sincere, distance is not an obstacle. It wasn't for me. All I could see was how lucky I was to have someone so special to miss. He didn't. His loss. Good luck to you!

Fmleveryday10 0

Your better of man, Because that bullshit is for the birds.... I am a military wife and i know that their is no way in hell i would ever give up on my man just because of the distance. I am sorry about how did that, you know what at least you know now and you can find someone who loves you...

So that really stinks.. I'm sorry about that. Kinda weird actually, I saw the movie Dear John last night, pretty much the same thing happened to him and then I come on here for the first time ever and see your post about it. Things happen, just know some people obviously aren't worth keeping around. Keep your head up, there are girls that are worth it out there.

thongs4lyfe 0

if she did that that means she didnt want u that much and it shows she is a bitch and u need a girl worthy of ur time

aww i know how you feel and its gonna be ok...when i moved away from my hometown (planning on returning in less than a year) my boyfriend of 2 years and i were confident we could do a long-distance relationship for those few months...but 3 weeks later, he had a new girlfriend. i know it hurts when you think someone loves you yet they drop you like you're nothing...and its gonna hurt for a while, but you will get over it and find someone worthy, dont worry :)

braFTW 0

YDI Long distance is and will always be a bad idea. True story. On the other hand, she clearly didn't break up with you because of this, that was just her excuse..

How long have you been in the Military? After awhile, you'll go through a lot of girls who think they can handle long distance, even if its temporary. My husband was in the Marines, and it's rough there for awhile.