By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 449
You deserved it 6 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

dude she was ******* another guy. there was no softball game. sorry, but she's getting something else. 6 months is a whileee.

diarheea101 11

*cough* conclusion jumper *cough*

XxAibuXx 0

Oh man. That's not cool. You should make her make it up to you somehow. ;)

HeyThatsMySoc 0

Uhm, try to be a little understanding, maybe? Sure she probably loves you but she has her own responsibilities too. Stop being a douche.

goodoldave 17

Wow I didn't know intramurals meant so much more than seeing someone who was fighting for her to get to play intramurals an live safely who she happened to be in a relationship with

#166 I have respect for the military, but stop thinking that someone should get a heavy dose of special treatment just for doing their job. Just because he serves this country in a noble way doesn't mean she HAS to love him. Many people who don't sign up for the military do a lot of work in keeping this country going and they don't get special treatment.

No one said she HAD to love him. But if he's fighting over seas for six months the LEAST she could do is meet him at the airport. Even if he wasn't a soldier, six months is a long time to be away. Wouldn't she still want to greet him?

you all dont understand what priorities are doesnt matter if it was a soft ball game, this is the guy who is in a relationship with her the least she could do is pick him up at the airport

#181 Soldiers, who risk their lives, need the most faith in their country to do this job and faith in those downstream (politicians) to act as a tool for the country's desires. Of course, because they are risking so much (their lives, and faith in the country) they deserve recognition and appreciation. To give the argument 'they are paid and don't deserve thanks' is madness because you assume they do it solely for monetary gain, which may be the case for some but definitely not all.

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

ohxberlin 0

thats horrible glad you got back safe!! ill be over there soon too

I had a boyfriend who was in and out of training and Iraq. To be completely honest, a girlfriend will stop caring when you're around or not, she's gotten used to you not being there for a large amount of time.

ellelynn 0

No, if you care about someone you don't "stop caring" just because they are gone. You fail.

goodoldave 17

YOU SUCK AT LIFE!!! Salute to a fellow soldier.

iammeanttolive 0

Wow. That must of felt really shitty. You think she would want to see.

adelaide_evening 0

It's not like she isn't going to see you in a couple hours. Yeah, it would have been better if she picked you up, but she has her own responsibilities too. Stop being such a baby.

really? you're telling someone came home after serving you ungrateful butt and you tell them not to be a baby? obviously you don't know anyone you actually care about in our military. otherwise you would understand

goodoldave 17

Ouch. The only balls she should have been handling that day were yours... in her mouth preferably. I think she owes you many many blow jobs for that. If she resists just use the "I fought for your freedom dammit" line. ;-)

U didnt put off your deployment and she missed u for 6months. U missed her for a drive and really think she is a bitch? Why should she put off her responsibilities for u if u didnt put off yours for her? Take a cab ans stop whining! Hope she has found another guy (or girl) in those 6 months... or **** her life...

vballerlover07 0

she can miss a stupid softball game to pick up her boyfriend who she hasn't seen in three months. It's not like he could not go when he signed up for the army. It brings in money for him and who knows, he might have been saving up for a wedding. His girlfriend is a bitch for not picking him up. I would deff skip a gay softball game to pick up my boyfriend after not seeing him for six months. FYL and get a new girlfriend.

goodoldave 17
andits 21

Are you stupid??? She chose to date him she should've known that he'd have to leave cause that's his job. If she hadn't come cause she was working then it's understandable but for a ******* baseball game, that's ****** up. That's not a responsibility bigger than him. He deserves better especially for his hardwork