You're in the army now

By Crud - 06/02/2010 05:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of six months dumped me over the phone. I'm in the military and recently had to move away to another fort. We'd agreed that we would try to make long distance work. I'd even offered to buy a plane ticket to come see her each weekend. I've been gone less than two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 290
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Long distance is the name of the game for all military couples at one point or another. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it.

You found out about her before she could inflict serious damage in your life. Smile!

Comments

everythingistake 0

Your lucky you lost her. Better to lose her now then have her cheat on you when you deploy. The girl sounds weak by the way. I am a Marine Corps girlfriend. I would kill for two weeks. She should try 13 months and then try and talk to me.

star_november 0

Wow that really sucks. let me tell ya, my boyfriend is the Air Force and we have been dating almost a year now. We began officially dating after he was in BMT. Now, the point I am getting at is that you can do so much better than her and that she was just too weak and impatient. Pft. I'd give anything for my bf to come see me every weekend. Hes a cop and has a crazy work schedule.

urin the miliatary! shoot her sorry ass!!

bacardi_311 0

Could be worse... I was with my ex for 10yrs he was deployed for over 7yrs of it and it wasnt until we got divorced that i found out he had a b's **** on every tour. Better to know now then later like me..... good luck tho and be safe! Sorry i know its been months since u posted this! lol but i just discovered this site and it cracks me up at times. ciao

its for the better, military gfs and wives are lonely and horny. it wouldn't have taken long for her to make a new friend.

mrs_franklin 0

That's f'd u. my husband n I have been 2gether a year n a half n I can't imagine cheating on him (he's in the army). Our men out there fighting 4 us have enough to worry about without having 2 think about cheating **** wives at home.

madeingeorgia 0

you don't deserve that, she should have broken up with you before you left! you will find someone better! thank you for your service!

yaknowiverse 0

I miss u already. ur a soldier, and are not in the country (correct?) and we miss u.

LC3290 16

gold digging and pathetic much? you sound like those desperate b!tch3$ that open up like automatic doors when they see a man in uniform.

Relationships and the military don't work out. The one not in the military can't ever fully adjust.

Some girls are bitches. I've been in a LDR with my partner for the last 8 months and still have 2 to go. It really isn't that hard to do once you get used to it. You're probably better off without her honestly. If she can't handle two weeks then she isn't worth it.