You're in the army now

By Crud - 06/02/2010 05:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of six months dumped me over the phone. I'm in the military and recently had to move away to another fort. We'd agreed that we would try to make long distance work. I'd even offered to buy a plane ticket to come see her each weekend. I've been gone less than two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 290
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Long distance is the name of the game for all military couples at one point or another. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it.

You found out about her before she could inflict serious damage in your life. Smile!

Comments

My fiance and I started off as long distance relationship. We took turns visiting each other. We did it for 8 months b4 I moved in w/ him. It can work. Have hope.

Tyler_is_sexy 0

That's balls if she wanted you shed stay it's been on her mind of leavin you if it's only 2weeks

damnrosi 0

she probably decided that it wasn't worth it. being together 6 months isn't long, and long distance relationships are hard and stressful. maybe she thought it was best for the both of you if you let each other go and moved on, especially if she didn't see you in her future, why would she waste both of your time? (not to mention your money) on the bright side, you can concentrate more on your career and getting ahead in the military:) high up they get pretty good pay and have excellent benefits!

Kockdiesel 0

I've only been in 4 yrs, and I make about 50k a year, plus free medical for me and my family.

No need to be upset. You should only be concerned if you married the girl and she's filing for divorce after you left.

seabrook 7

i hate hearing stories like this, about ppl in the military, i mean wtf

Comentator 0

F her bro...you don't need her...epically if she did that 2 weeks in to your tour. Its for the better because one day you would have come home and found her getting railed by some loser.

my boyfriend is in the military too. long distance is hard but that's also how you find out if your significant other really loves you.

adiaboe27 4

Does this sound like Dear John to anybody else?

howiedude 0

The people saying that LDR rarely work must not have served in the military. I know plenty of military LDR that work everyday, inluding my own. My wife and I dated for a few short months before it turned into an LDR due to our both being active duty. We held it together and got married and have now been married for over five years. The seperation we endured at the beggining makes us appreciate the time we now share together more than most people ever will. To the OP, if it was meant to be she will come back to you. If not, then good luck to you in finding someone that will appreciate you and make you happy.