You're in the army now

By Crud - 06/02/2010 05:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of six months dumped me over the phone. I'm in the military and recently had to move away to another fort. We'd agreed that we would try to make long distance work. I'd even offered to buy a plane ticket to come see her each weekend. I've been gone less than two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 290
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Long distance is the name of the game for all military couples at one point or another. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it.

You found out about her before she could inflict serious damage in your life. Smile!

Comments

damnrosi 0

why does everyone keep being so hard on the girl? if she isn't happy in the relationship she has the right to end it, even if he is a nice guy. It's her life too and she can't sacrifice her happiness just to please him. And at least she was nice about it, instead of cheating on him or moving on but still letting him think that they were together or something mean like that. seriously, so many people seem to be so much harsher on the girls, if it had been a girl that had posted this about her bf breaking up with her, the majority of people would be blaming her saying its her fault for not being around, that she shouldn't be so butch, or that she must be ugly or fat or something, rather than blaming the guy for breaking up with her, as they are blaming the girl who broke up with OP right now. why is that? why is it if a guy gets cheated on the girl who cheated is a bitch or ***** (so will say majority of people). but if its a girl that posts that she was cheated on by her bf so many people will say that its because she's fat or ugly etc?

dugumit 0

good for her to dump u now otherwise u might have married the bitch and she would have screwed all your military buddies while u were on field ops or deployed.

Sounds like she was already banging the dude at the 7-11 before ya left.

LaceyCakes 0

obviusly not worth your time if she can't even last two weeks.

Elizzy2007 0

That's messed up, and bitches like that ruin it for the rest of us military girlfriends... No one trusts us because of a few ****** like that... I've just been through 8 months of hell waiting for my boo to get home from Iraq, and am now defending myself from his damn Marine buddies who are convinced that I could not have possible waited all that time for him. and we are long distance right now so if he choses to believe them we're done and all because those guys have had girls like her... ******' A that pisses me off... you deserve so much better and thank you for your service...

i completely agree! and i know your pain.

she's not worth it. there r better outthere...

Six months, six months are you f'in kidding me here!!! Six months!!! You must be ugly or desperate... I've had pimples on my a** longer than that... FML for taking the time to read that crap...

liddicoat15 0

ha reminds me of the movie 'Dear John'