You kinda deserved that one

By hlev24 - 03/03/2009 00:11 - United States

Today, I was walking down the street when a homeless man asked me for some spare change. I told him I didn't have any. I then tripped. Not only spilling the soda I was drinking all over myself, but also spilling the spare change I had from buying it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 171
You deserved it 110 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh come on. How many of you guys ignore the hobo when you walk down the street? A lot of them buy drugs and booze with it anyway

Bloody homeless people, spending their money on drugs and alcohol!!!.......Exactly what I do with my money. What do you expect them to do with your spare change? Save up, buy a coffee table from Ikea to go in their cardboard living room???

Comments

#50- "Moreover, I give to the homeless every payday when my taxes go towards gov't programs designed to help them. If they don't take advantage of it, then it's their problem, not mine." WORD.

Actually, about one third of the homeless population are homeless, because they have an untreated mental illness. There are more people living on the streets with severe untreated psychological illnesses than are in the hospitals getting treated for severe disorders like schizophrenia and manic depression. A study of 132 patients discharged from Columbus State Hospital in Ohio reported that 36 percent became homeless within 6 months. Not every homeless person abuses drugs and/or alcohol. That's a generalization.

Sean123 0

i see why cause most are just wanting a fix but u didnt have to give him alot just pull out some nickels and dimes give it to him instead of being selfish

mariposa93 0

First of all, how does having mental problems mean that people DESERVE to be homeless. Damn you and your mental problems! Secondly, they are still people. You don't have to be mean about it, just tell them that you can't afford it/aren't interested. It's nobody's business but yours if you don't want to help out. I'd really like to know where you all get your statistics that homeless people are going to buy drugs and booze with your money though. That's anecdata fact right there. Honestly, I do give whenever I can, because I have certainly been very poor before. I've never been homeless, but definitely been down. I've had to go and borrow spare change from strangers to have enough gas to get to work or home. I help when I can because we aren't privy to the situation of the people before us. I don't care if you want to give change or not. I don't care if you think it's Christian or un Christian. (Although honestly I can't see Jesus saying "f u, get a job!") I care that you are dehumanizing these people. You are no better or worse than anyone else in the world. We are all equal.

Strawberry_fml 0

That's not too bad, that homeless guy could have money if he went to go find a job, like a minimum wage one at McDonald's or something. All those guys want to do usually is buy drugs. One time my uncle bought some homeless guy a cheeseburger and he just threw it into the street, saying that he wanted the money instead.

clevelander 0

#54 I live in Columbus, the Columbus State Hospital is a historical landmark from an old asylum from the 19th century. Nice try though. My ex was a case worker and most people with mental problems are just as bad as those without them. They don't take their meds, want everyone else to do things for them without any effort from themselves. I am not generalizing when i say most people on the street use drugs and alcohol because that is just fact. In a real survey held in a real institution with paid homeless volunteers nearly half of all money given to the homeless goes to illict drugs or alcohol. What motivates someone to charge their life more, giving them money without having them work for it, or making them go out and do something for it?

NegativityScene7 0

I know they don't deserve the money, but Karma's a b****, huh?

imhawaiian 0

Can you say Kaaarma?!?! Just Kidding it's most likely his or her fault he doesn't have a home, or it was the recession same thing.