You kinda deserved that one

By hlev24 - 03/03/2009 00:11 - United States

Today, I was walking down the street when a homeless man asked me for some spare change. I told him I didn't have any. I then tripped. Not only spilling the soda I was drinking all over myself, but also spilling the spare change I had from buying it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 171
You deserved it 110 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh come on. How many of you guys ignore the hobo when you walk down the street? A lot of them buy drugs and booze with it anyway

Bloody homeless people, spending their money on drugs and alcohol!!!.......Exactly what I do with my money. What do you expect them to do with your spare change? Save up, buy a coffee table from Ikea to go in their cardboard living room???

Comments

@56. I agree. Thats like the mitch hedburg joke. "Dammit oliver, you're an alcoholic. Dammit Oliver, you have lupus." I have a question for everyone though. WHAT IS UP with all the "good christian vs bad christian." Guess what. NOT EVERYONE ON HERE IS CHRISTIAN. Let's rephrase: Deciding not to give tot he homeless doesn't amke you any better or worse of a PERSON.

how is the recession the same thing as someone not wanting a home? im guessing you haven't gotten laid off because of the economic crisis. I have a VERY VERY hard working friend who was laid off almost a year ago now. She sends out her resume daily. People aren't hiring in her field. I was laid off but was lucky enough to have found another job. I was a rare case. If someone got laid off in my field the chances of finding work again is slim to none. Losing yur home to drug problems or not wanting to take care of your mental illness is COMPLETELY different than losing your home because you were promised a bogus mortgage and couldn't pay it because you were laid off and lost your home because you can't keep u pwith the outrageous interest rates that were hidden in the fine print. Please understand the recession and how it is effecting thousands of people better before you say it is someones choice to be affected by it.

#2 is going to hell...and u def deserved this u jerk....

stop giving homeless people money, or else our world will just turn out like that episode of southpark where the homeless people ruled supreme. and, if you are a good person, give them change, no dollar bills. then you wouldnt be out by TWO dollars, but by 50 cents. i use logic.

makenna 0

I debate this issue with myself all the time...... but the fact of the matter is, even if the people do use the money for alcohol or drugs..they still 'need' it. To an addict, drugs are like food...they are a necessity. A homeless person can't afford rehab, and besides, if you're life was that bad, wouldn't you self medicate as well? I mean, would you rather pay $1 for a cheeseburger that is gone in three seconds or pay $3 and drink enough cheap beers to escape reality for a few hours? Technically, hobos still have jobs. I mean, sitting outside begging for money isn't exactly enjoying life. It isn't like people choose to beg for money because it is the easiest thing to do. People beg as a last resort....... Anyways, I believe that giving money is the lest important issue. Sometimes what a person needs is for a person to know that someone cares. Sit and talk to the person for a while. Invite them to coffee (don't drive with them though. walk there).....people on the streets are overlooked so often.....they are beaten and laughed at......if you were that person, wouldn't you like to know that there was at least one person who took enough time to show that they cared?

makenna 0

And p.s. to the first post on here....what is wrong with people who have mental disorders??? Are you saying that people shouldn't care about us? That because the chemicals in our brains are off balance that we shouldn't be seen as equal to the rest of humanity? Because that is a very rude comment. A good amount of the population is affected by a mental illness of some sort.

Quit with the karma. Just because the guy had spare change doesn't mean he was under any obligation to give it away.

I know we're trained to ignore homeless people, but if you really think about it, you are ignoring people who have NOTHING! What is a dollar to you, you know? Or even 50 cents? Think twice before you completely write off a human being. Just think about the kindness you would want if you were ever in that situation with no money and no one to help you out.

dont give money to homeless people. give it to charities. i volunteered at a homeless shelter and they said could you live with the thought that some homeless person could od on your money.

crakbbyaparently 0

haha man if i was homeless i'd need some drugs and hooch to get by. what else do you have to live for