Unwarranted bitchiness

By lois2lane - 23/12/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, a car was tailgating and honking at me while trying to pass me, so I decided to be a bitch back and go extremely slow. We got to a two lane road and the car passed me up. The man in the front seat flipped me off while pointing to his wife in the back seat who was clearly in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 68 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelkat09 0

that's your fault. you should never do that anyways.

Disagreed. How the hell was the OP supposed to know there was a woman giving LABOR in the backseat? Honestly, would you have pulled over, because I sure wouldn't have. 99.9% of the time, the tailgater is just being an asshole and just *can't stand* going the speed limit. This is one of the rare [and I mean RARE] times that they had a legitimate reason for being an ass. The OP was not a terrible person for going slower, just human. If you're going to say that, shouldn't you also say that the driver was a terrible person because he really did jeopardize the woman and her baby by taking his eyes off the rode and twisting around to point in the backseat? Besides, honestly the driver should've passed earlier if he was on his way to the hospital, instead of trying to tailgate the person. It takes literally one second to do so.

Comments

ndiesal 0

How were you supposed to know that there was a lady in labor in that car? people who tailgate are assholes and i do the same thing to them every time

Your job as a driver is to get where you are going safely and efficiently. If someone is driving dangerously, let them by. You'll have something worse happen eventually if you don't.

WOW!! If I were in that type of situation, a situation in which I need to manuever around traffic, I'd just keep my hazards on. No one wants to drive behind or around someone with hazards on. And it wouldn't matter if you drive like a jerk because hazards indicate some type of emergency, and people will make allowances.

Considering that most of the time it's just some douche who thinks you're going too slow, I'd do what the OP did. But in my opinion, considering the way the world runs, I would have made that guy get a blowhorn or something to amplify his voice to declare it really is an emergency. He had months to get one and plan for this scenario, so that man gets the YDI.

I hate tailgaters with a passion. Even when I see someone ELSE being tailgated in front of me and then cut off, I get just as upset as I would if it was me. Living here in Southern Cali it's a pretty common sight. When I have a feeling that someone behind or beside me is trying to weave through traffic I just drive in a way that doesn't allow them to. I hate idiotic drivers. Impatience gets you nowhere.

OP shouldn't have slowed down they should have kept going at whatever the legal speed is, even if the guy was being an ass about it. He could have smashed into the back of her car then there would have been a real big mess, his wife could have given birth in the middle of a car crash. Slowing down just 'to be a bitch' is stupid.

It gives me great pleasure to slow way down when someone is tailgating me. Even better is when it's a 2 lane highway. Then I like to go the same speed as the person in the other lane, so the tailgater can't pass.

I do that all the time it's fun to watch them steam !

meunknown101 0

How is a FML? Someone honked at you and flipped you off and that's a FML? This should be F*ck their life.

Grither76 0

I more than likely would have done exactly the same thing. I also keep an eye out behind me on two lane roads for the dickholes that like to weave in and out of traffic. When I see one I match the speed of the car in the other lane and block them. The problem is the person tailgating and driving aggressively is more often than not just being a prick and you found the rare case where someone actually had a reason to be doing it.

everyone who says "this shouldn't be on here" and "its really **** their life" well NO SHIT. obviously it ***** the other person's life more. but this FML is on here because the woman is saying well **** i'm an idiot, too bad i didn't realize cause now i feel like an asshole. people need to stop taking FML so literally.