Unwarranted bitchiness

By lois2lane - 23/12/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, a car was tailgating and honking at me while trying to pass me, so I decided to be a bitch back and go extremely slow. We got to a two lane road and the car passed me up. The man in the front seat flipped me off while pointing to his wife in the back seat who was clearly in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 68 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelkat09 0

that's your fault. you should never do that anyways.

Disagreed. How the hell was the OP supposed to know there was a woman giving LABOR in the backseat? Honestly, would you have pulled over, because I sure wouldn't have. 99.9% of the time, the tailgater is just being an asshole and just *can't stand* going the speed limit. This is one of the rare [and I mean RARE] times that they had a legitimate reason for being an ass. The OP was not a terrible person for going slower, just human. If you're going to say that, shouldn't you also say that the driver was a terrible person because he really did jeopardize the woman and her baby by taking his eyes off the rode and twisting around to point in the backseat? Besides, honestly the driver should've passed earlier if he was on his way to the hospital, instead of trying to tailgate the person. It takes literally one second to do so.

Comments

normally tailgating and beeping means something is wrong and you should pull over

theteal 0

You obviously have never driven in the NJ/NY area. Here its just a way of life.... mostly for assholes.

Littlerunner 0

So just because his wife is in labor doesn't mean he needed to be a dick about it. Labor lasts a while, dude.

sorry i really have to say soemthing to you 'dude'....how the **** would you knwo labour lasts awhile?? have you ever been pregnant or had a baby before..from the way you are speaking i would guess not..well guess what...i woke up in hard labour and was rushed to the hospital, my baby was out in an hour and half...another friend of mine had a baby as well...she was rushed to a hospital and 20 minutes later (i kid you not) her baby was out...so who are you to say labour last awhile...and secondly...shes only in labour?!?!?! are you ******* kidding me..you try squeezing a waterbellon between your hips and out your crotch and tell me 'its just labour'...get the facts before you write because it is commonly known that giving birth for a woman is like pissing a kidney stone out for a man.

YDI for being such an asshole. Here is a little tip, when someone comes up on you, pull over and get the **** out of the way. Any self-righteous, pompous asshole that holds up other cars is danger to themselves and everyone around them. As someone that spends a ton of time on the road I get to see this bullshit everyday, it isn't your job to hold up speeders and when you do, it contributes to road rage. Yes, I know and understand that people that speed and tailgaters are assholes but when you don't get out of the way you too are a MAJOR asshole. Your passive wuss-ass brand of road rage does no one any good either, try and justify it as you might, you are no better than the other jerk and if he goes down the road and hurts someone else you were also a contributing factor. Do you know the fastest, most effective way to get rid of a tailgater is to pull over? Imagine that? Such a simple concept it is a wonder it needs to be pointed out. Let the cops take care of the speeders and stay out of their way, it will make the roads safer for all of us.

And your way sends a message to the asshole tailgater that all they have to do is tailgate you and honk their horn like a ******* douchebag to get what they want. The driving laws were made for a reason and a speed limit was posted for a reason. If they can't follow the law than they have no business driving. Besides slowing down when someone is tailgating you is the correct thing to do in order to maintain a safe distance. It's not being passive aggressive it's safety.

If you slow down when someone is tailgating you decrease the safe distance. If your not a cop it isn't your "job" to teach someone a lesson ( they won't learn anyway) and when they track you down and teach you a lesson I'm not going to feel bad for you.

They track me down and try to teach me a lesson they end up dead and I go on living because it's called self defense .

@134 'just because she was in labor' ? are you for real. she's in tonnes of pain, obviously he's going to be frantic. it might last a while but that doesn't mean you shouldn't rush to the hospital

and 134 not all labors last a long time, and if the baby was premature it could need medical attention when it is born, i was 5 weeks early and needed to go straight into an incubator and my mum needed medical observation for a week. Not all babies come out perfectly healthy and when they're supposed to, many could die if they are born in the back of their dad's car on the motorway.

XxEMTxX 0

ppl should not tailgate. u can get pulled over for that. if the man was frantic, he should've called an ambulance. but then again, not alot of ppl pull over when they hear sirens.

not a lot of people get pulled over when they hear sirens ?! wheree do you live! when there are sirens here everyone pulls overr, so calling an ambulance would be what he should have done.

XxEMTxX 0

also, the way the man was driving, he could've gotten into a serious accident, which would result in harming the mother and baby. because he was frantic, he should've called an ambulance

who ever says he deserves it, is just plain igorant. How would he know the lady was going into labor. And just for the other guy flicking him off shows how ignorant he is. Gosh... I'm with the OP.

If someone wants you to let them by, slowing down is just a way to escalate a dangerous situation. Put your ego aside next time.

Wait.. How did he point at his wife, while flipping you off, whiledriving?...... Thats what she said