Unwarranted bitchiness

By lois2lane - 23/12/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, a car was tailgating and honking at me while trying to pass me, so I decided to be a bitch back and go extremely slow. We got to a two lane road and the car passed me up. The man in the front seat flipped me off while pointing to his wife in the back seat who was clearly in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 68 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelkat09 0

that's your fault. you should never do that anyways.

Disagreed. How the hell was the OP supposed to know there was a woman giving LABOR in the backseat? Honestly, would you have pulled over, because I sure wouldn't have. 99.9% of the time, the tailgater is just being an asshole and just *can't stand* going the speed limit. This is one of the rare [and I mean RARE] times that they had a legitimate reason for being an ass. The OP was not a terrible person for going slower, just human. If you're going to say that, shouldn't you also say that the driver was a terrible person because he really did jeopardize the woman and her baby by taking his eyes off the rode and twisting around to point in the backseat? Besides, honestly the driver should've passed earlier if he was on his way to the hospital, instead of trying to tailgate the person. It takes literally one second to do so.

Comments

even though his wife was in labour... doesnt give him the right to be a douche bag... i hate people who think they are important just because theyre having/have kids.

lalalalife 0

you are such a selfish b*tch. yeah, **** YOUR life.

Sorry but you ******* deserve it. For one thing it doesn't solve anything by being just as bitchy as these other road rage jerks on the road. That's how people end up getting killed, and for your sake I hope you don't live in a big city with high crime. Yeah the guy shouldn't have been driving like a maniac even if his wife was in labor, but you have to acknowledge that you weren't any better by slowing down just to piss him off. The mature thing to do would be to just keep on driving the speed you were going in the first place and ignore him.

ZeroCharisma 0

What would he have done if his dumbass behavior had gotten them into an accident? He was probably stressing his wife out more by driving like a jerk.

its not your fault, i would have done the same thing, it's still dangerous and if it was that bad they should have called an ambulance

you can't call an ambulance unless you don't know what it is or your dieing. I called one for my first kidney stone cause I though my appendix popped or something i had no idea I though I was gonna die. then when I had another a year later and knew it was one they told me I have to take my self. unless I was dieing and if I was incapable of driving my self to ask a neighbor.

Texans are not the friendliest drivers. The traffic sucks. Especially in Dallas. Once you reach the sign that says "Welcome to Dallas" the traffic pretty much stops.

glasswater 0

Oops! I don't see why people are saying you deserved it. When driving, 95% of people do things like that to thwart rude drivers like slowing down when people are riding their tail or speeding up when people try to pass them. It's not like you are a jerk and didn't care the wife was in labor. You obviously feel bad about it. The husband should have calmed the **** down and been a safe driver. Labor isn't an excuse for crazy driving. He could have killed his pregnant wife with his road rage. Besides, pregnancy isn't the end of the ******* world, and the baby won't pop out in the fifteen minutes it takes to get to the hospital. Totally not your fault.

If you're going to drive, you have to keep in mind that every driver has his/her own problem and may have a good reason for driving they way they are. Sure, most of them don't probably have a good reason, but if you can't keep that in mind, you shouldn't be driving.

glasswater 0

Just because a person doesn't give every asshat on the road the benefit of the doubt, doesn't mean that a person is an unfit driver. Slowing down in that situation is being a defensive driver. People who passively allow aggressive driving aren't better drivers. And someone being in labor isn't "a good reason" to drive like a maniac. He could have killed countless people with his aggressive behavior.

glasswater, you know nothing. Labor can be life threatening, and it is not okay for a driver to drive aggressively (by purposely slowing and impeding the flow of traffic) no matter what the person behind them is doing. People like you are small-minded control freaks.

So you're saying preventing an incredibly slim risk of complications is worth the large increase in the risk of injury or death to several people?

the baby could pop out in that time...lol i know 2 people who have had babies on the toilet not even realising they are in labour!

loveyahun 0

I understand that the OP didn't know that there was a lady in the middle of giving birth in the other car, but should have known if a did was talgating the OP that something was wrong. I would have tailed them to the hospitol and made a formal, modest apology.

I hate people like op, I had this happen once to me while in the back of a car having two kidney stones while throwing up one the drive, and passing out. some guy got pissed at my dad going fast so he slowed down really slow and made it so I had to go into the er for a few days and get them surgically removed. if it wasn't for that ass they could have broke them and I would have been able to pass them pain free. just cause one person is rude doesn't give you the right to get it back. two bulls butting heads will get no get over or let them pass if they become a prob or i tap my break lightly send them a hint. some times people have emergency's that they can't call and ambulance for and need to get some place. also to any way saying its just labor, go into it your self or have a kidney stone and you tell me if its not a big deal. it feels like a knife is being stabbed into you and someone is pulling out your insides.

YOu had kidney stones, your life was not in danger, your dad had no right to endanger the lives of others. Your dad was the ass, not the other drivers on the road.

Even if the driver was being an ass which it is in most cases but isn't in the important ones, the best reply is to not be self-righteous and petty by slowing down. This behavior encourages road rage and hurts those who have a reason to be in a rush. Also, even when you are correct about the person behind you, what have you accomplished? You slowed yourself down, pissed the other guy more who will not thing of it as punishment and will not be deterred from it in all likeliness as they will not draw the connection or will just think of you as an ass. In the end you create a lose-lose situation. Congratulations.

At least someone on this website gets it.