By not funny but :( - 28/03/2013 16:24 - United States - Wooster

Today, while on vacation, I think I met my soul-mate, and quite possibly the love of my life. My vacation is to celebrate my 8-year anniversary with my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 200
You deserved it 60 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes you grab the wrong one, but think it's right.

Come on. You know 8 years-worth of annoying habits your husband has. You know none of this new guy's annoying habits, but trust me, HE HAS THEM. Your ignorance does not mean he's perfect.

Comments

jem970 19

OP remember how much you loved your husband and try and work through your problems if you have them. That guy is probably just something you think you want. All marriages have dry spells but try and rekindle it on this vacation instead of trying to make it worse and possibly ruining it over this.

Everyone seems perfect until you get to know them. I'm sure you felt the same way about your husband in the beginning. If you want out of your marriage decide to get out before you start sniffing around for a new person.

#34 this is obviously not a fantasy... Saying this person is my soul mate is moving into reality. You would be a fool to think her saying that is just a simple fantasy.

Um.. I didn't say anything about fantasy. Saying a person is your soulmate after meeting them isn't anything near reality.

You first. There is nothing wrong with the thoughts, its what she does in response to them that is important. This is more of a sign that something is wrong in her marriage, and needs to be looked at and fixed if possible. My girlfriend of four years had a similar situation. Instead of leaving her when she told me, I talked to her about it, and now we're happier than ever. Again, you bite the bullet first, then we will go from there.

You met this guy on a vacation, so I'm guessing you haven't known him for long enough to decide he's your soulmate. Don't do anything stupid.

Sonfang 19

You don't decide who your soul mate is. The god and goddess made you for one another, two halves of a whole.You can fall in with people, you can marry and have children but if they are not your soul mate they just aren't. OP needs to talk to both husband, and other person, follow her heart. Perhaps take a vacation alone to a quiet meditation spa alone to think on her future decisions.

ardencred 7

Cabana boys are always somebody's soulmate! You married your husband for a reason OP! If things are bad let the douche bag know!

40 touched on a good point. For some of those boys (I'm imagining a place somewhere hot, beaches and a local boy that OP fell in 'love' with, although obviously I can be mistaken) it's nothing more than a job to make the ladies fall for them. That might not be the case, we don't know enough from this FML, but then again - it might be so.

Could you please come to my house before you get home so I can slap the shit out of you for acting like an idiot? Calling someone "the love of your life" when you just met him is as stupid as claiming a new wine is your favourite after just sniffing it but not tasting it. Get your damned head on straight.

I blame all the romantic movies where someone always falls for someone else right as they are about to walk down then aisle. They romanticize cheating! Don't cheat. Karmas a bitch and the grass is ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. Most people cheat for similar reasons don't make excuses for breaking a vow. It's pathetic.

You are married and apparently love your husband enough to go away with him. The fact that you have let yourself be sad about this is disheartening.

Sonfang 19

#47, perhaps they have been having problems and this is a "reconnect" get away. Just because its an anniversary vacation doesn't mean it's a happy one...

She did use the word celebrate. That usually does not mean misery.

I met my soul-mate while I was married to someone else. My husband at the time was a really terrible person. He was physically abusive, a thief, a liar, and an adulterer. Leaving my (now ex) husband for my boyfriend was the best decision I ever made. But if your husband treats you well, I think it would be foolish to leave him just because you think you're in love with someone you just met. I don't know you, your husband, or your "soul-mate," but I have the feeling that, if your husband is a good man and now you've spontaneously fallen for someone else, that in another eight years you'll have found another "love of your life."

toalysium 15

Sounds like you need to calm your ovaries.