By not funny but :( - 28/03/2013 16:24 - United States - Wooster

Today, while on vacation, I think I met my soul-mate, and quite possibly the love of my life. My vacation is to celebrate my 8-year anniversary with my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 200
You deserved it 60 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes you grab the wrong one, but think it's right.

Come on. You know 8 years-worth of annoying habits your husband has. You know none of this new guy's annoying habits, but trust me, HE HAS THEM. Your ignorance does not mean he's perfect.

Comments

Come on. You know 8 years-worth of annoying habits your husband has. You know none of this new guy's annoying habits, but trust me, HE HAS THEM. Your ignorance does not mean he's perfect.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And I hate people who think that talking about your feelings is wrong. Yeah, best to just keep it all bottled up until we die, right?

It's cute that you think "emotional cheating" is a real thing. You're naive if you think spouses NEVER have fantasies about other people.

One thing to express, it's another thing to claim this person is your soul mate when you have been married for 8 years...shouldn't she express her feeling to her husband? Not FML...

#37 when you say this person is your soul mate, that is no longer a fantasy.

I'm pretty sure that emotionally cheating means having a more emotionally fulfilling relationship with a person other than your spouse. It's not just lusting after another person.

39 the OP also said she "thinks" she met her soulmate, not that she knows beyond a shadow of a doubt. That's why everyone is saying to talk to her husband, and not to just jump in with this new person.

Considering the OP has known this man for what is likely a day or so, I doubt they have had any sort of emotional connection to him beyond lust. She's hardly "emotionally cheating" on her husband. She's just being a naive idiot.

#45: I'd disagree with you there -- if someone thinks someone they just met is their soul mate, that probably IS a fantasy. Just not the kind you were thinking of. ;)

This. So glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

You don't know that. It could be love and OP could have a very unhappy marriage with her husband. If it is love, and she stays with her husband unhappily just because he is her husband, it's going to be a even more unhappy marriage for everyone involved.

I think we can say it's just lust or infatuation with high probability. How long could this vacation last? Two weeks at most? Not enough time to fall in love, just enough to become infatuated. Infatuation is when your heart beats stronger when you see this person - that comes just from excitement. Love is when you know all the bad things about them, all their annoying habits, all drawbacks, and you still want to wake up every morning next to them, and you want them to be happy, and you're happy with them. Two weeks is in no way enough to get to know person sufficiently to fall in love.

Sonfang 19

#103 That's bull, I'm sorry but you can fall in love in a two weeks. It will take a lifetime of knowing that person to show commitment to the love. Knowing someone's habits, traits, and quirks doesn't mean you love them, not does not knowing those things mean you don't love them. Love is a living, growing thing and learning your mate is an adventure and a big part of being in love. My mate and I have been together for almost 9 years, and to this day I learn something new everyday, we met while I was in a long-term relationship and had no intention of being together. Within a week of talking and becoming friends we were hopelessly in love. Soul mates tend to instantly click, there is just something about that person, that you can't put "out of sight, out of mind."

sugarbear0727 19

This honestly sounds like teenage bs that the OP needs slapped out of her. The OP should be past the stage in her life of meeting someone, talking to them for maybe a few days (considering this is a vacation) and claiming they've met their soul mate. I feel bad for the husband if the wife is so lacking in common sense.

jem970 19

While I agree she should not just drop her husband after meeting this person people can believe they have a soul mate out there. Don't call a persons beliefs bullshit. It's not nice.

I didn't call her belief that she has a soul mate bs, I called her belief that she thinks she knows this person is her soul mate within hours or days of meeting them bs. THAT is teenage bs.

rg350dx 29

Completely agree with you 21. She's probably know the "soul mate" for only a few days and as a result knows completely nothing about his true personality or character. I honestly feel the husband of eight years should be writing this fml, not her. Today, I found out I was married to a gullible and lust-blinded woman. FML

Sonfang 19

#21, when you know, you just know. It's not teenage bullshit, it's love wild, unpredictable, beautiful love! It happens people find the one all the time, it's just unlucky for OP and her husband it happened now. You can fall in love in a few days, it doesn't take months of dating and studying your mate to know s/he is the one. It also doesn't make OP an idiot or gullible, or anything like that it makes her a woman in love. It is a beautiful thing and shouldn't be squashed just because she's married. I'm absolutely against cheating, but she needs to talk to both people and follow her heart, be it with her husband or not.

If you feel that way clearly your marriage needs some work. My ex once told me the grass isn't greener on the other side.... he was wrong in my case (I married a landscaper) but unless you're really unhappy you're better off working on your marriage.

Nardimous 3

that is not ok. if ur married u shouldn't have those thought. stick to the vows u made

Honestly, it's perfectly normal to have those thoughts, but that's all they should be: thoughts. See what's missing in your marriage instead.

Sonfang 19

#23 why would anyone want to stick with vows to someone they may have fallen out of love with? OP would be miserable and make her husband miserable, then marriage turns from a sacred binding of hearts to a cage meant to keep OP tied to someone she doesn't believe is her mate anymore. It's sad to see a relationship end, but without an end there can be no new beginnings.

One, learn how to spell, Two, calm down you can't control who you love!

Because 133, that's exactly what vows are. When you promise to love somebody forever, you should take that promise seriously. "For better or for worse" means that you are committed to the person you married and you're going to stick with them, to work at your relationship, and to fight for them. Not just when times are great and the marriage is good, but when things are difficult and you feel attracted to a stranger. If you're only committed when there aren't any challenges, that's now really commitment, is it? I know not all marriages work out, but if you're a person who believes in soul mates, then you shouldn't be putting a ring on someone's finger unless you know that person is your soul mate. And if you're not than you shouldn't be saying those vows until you know you can stick to them. They were meant to be taken seriously.

I think your a ******* *****. I hate women like you

I'm just wondering how she had enough time on her anniversary vacation to find her "soul mate" That time should have been with her husband.