By not funny but :( - 28/03/2013 16:24 - United States - Wooster

Today, while on vacation, I think I met my soul-mate, and quite possibly the love of my life. My vacation is to celebrate my 8-year anniversary with my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 200
You deserved it 60 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes you grab the wrong one, but think it's right.

Come on. You know 8 years-worth of annoying habits your husband has. You know none of this new guy's annoying habits, but trust me, HE HAS THEM. Your ignorance does not mean he's perfect.

Comments

Is your vacation really that long where you could have possibly already fallen in love with someone else in that short amount of time?

cmb8280 24

What we put out into this world comes back to us. What I mean is you get what you give. I understand that shit happens but a married woman shouldn't have put herself in a compromising position to begin with. I'm one of those old fashioned, "marriage is forever" chicks. I say YDI

Sonfang 19

I agree on what we put into this world comes back to us. But OP probably didn't go out looking for this person, they may have casually struck up a conversation. It may have been someone her and her husband met by accident and chatted the night away. You can't say she put herself into a compromising situation, if it seriously was an accidental meeting. Would you want to stay married forever to someone you didn't feel was right for you anymore? Someone you would grow to resent for "holding you back?"

YDI. This sounds suspiciously like love at first sight. You can't be that close to someone in such a short amount of time. Quit the juvenile fantasies and examine what's missing in your marriage.

I agree. Not love at first sight, an infatuation at best. It's the seven year itch, kicking in late. Holiday-sun makes the grass seem greener on the other side. I can keep summing up cliches, like soul-mate. Grow up or make a decision.

OP, love is a series of choices- every morning when you wake up you choose to stay with the person you woke up beside. Every night, you choose to go to bed in the bed you make. If you think you have been making the wrong decision for 8 years, every day- what makes you think you're making the right decision now?

TALK to your spouse about this! Because if you don't, you will subconsciously blame him for your unhappyness. So talking might get you somewhere. And if not, you tried at least.

MillerBeerTime 5

I love how everyone becomes Dr. Phil all of the sudden on relationships...

yeah... no. YDI for thinking that on a short vaycay you can find your soul mate. I'm thinking eye candy is more like it

If this love happens to be a hot celebrity such as Channing Tatum or Johnny Depp, then I completely understand. BUT, the hot celeb in question probably does not return the sentiment. If he's not a celebrity, then... I don't get it.