By daddyslittlegirl250 - 05/05/2009 02:41 - United States

Today, we watched a movie in French class. I went on a French exchange last year, so I wanted to sound all impressive and cultured for my crush who is in the same class. I said that it was my favorite movie and I couldn't wait to watch it with everyone. The movie turned out to be about incest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 057
You deserved it 84 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And your name is "daddyslittlegirl"... I really hope that was intentional and not just the worst irony in the world. Anyway, YDI for trying to impress someone when you obviously didn't have a clue what you were doing. That's gotta be the one thing worse than trying to impress people in general - trying to impress them by *lying*.

LMFAO. That's what you get for lying. YDI.

Comments

#59- That's what I was thinking too.

As my 9th-grade English teacher always said for some reason, "Incest is best!"

you wanted to "sound" impressive and cultured. which means you're probably not.......yeah, that's what you get for acting like a ******* douchebag. try actually being original next time instead of just doing the same thing that everyone else is doing. cause guess what, EVERYONE is trying to sound "cultured" "impressive" "sophisticated" or whatever the hell else you call it these days.

proudstub 0

Well, it sounds like a YDI because : - You always deserve it when you try to impress. BTW, most guys can't care less about girls' culture if you know what I mean. - If you knew that much about French culture then you should have known French movies often address social taboos and you should have been more careful. But at the same time it's also an FML because love; not only does it turn you mad but also makes you act stupid. That's why I hate love. I have mixed feelings about this one. Ok let's be nice for once, I vote FML.

I bet it was Dreamers. Haha! Wicked film though, you can still love ****** up films... in fact, they're the best ones!

hey you never know, he might into that stuff lol (daddyslittlegirl? buwahahahhahaahahahahhaahhahahahaha)

lilcaro 0

I can't imagine The Dreamers EVER being shown in a classroom, especially an American one. I love the film, but it's got a ton of nudity, sex, and just plain weird sexual situations in it. Unless you go to the most liberal school imaginable. And like someone already said, Manon de Sources is the direct sequel to Jean de Florette so if you haven't seen one, you shouldn't see the other first.

Heh, you totally deserve that one. You lied about it, first of all. Second, you claimed it as your favorite movie without even knowing the basic subject matter. You probably couldn't have guessed that it would be about incest, but it was pretty likely you wouldn't end up liking it that much, and you'd have to keep pretending. Why put yourself in that position to begin with?