By daddyslittlegirl250 - 05/05/2009 02:41 - United States

Today, we watched a movie in French class. I went on a French exchange last year, so I wanted to sound all impressive and cultured for my crush who is in the same class. I said that it was my favorite movie and I couldn't wait to watch it with everyone. The movie turned out to be about incest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 057
You deserved it 84 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And your name is "daddyslittlegirl"... I really hope that was intentional and not just the worst irony in the world. Anyway, YDI for trying to impress someone when you obviously didn't have a clue what you were doing. That's gotta be the one thing worse than trying to impress people in general - trying to impress them by *lying*.

LMFAO. That's what you get for lying. YDI.

Comments

Loe_307 0

La Haine = Great French movie!!

L0l! YDI! Don't lie! Why the hell did they show a movie about incest in a classroom in any case? That's way weird

so your crush was your brother..? ;)

Perhaps a better way to impress would have been to translate some stuff the class did not yet understand? Why people lie to impress others with such ill-thought out lies astounds me. Oh, and #96? Good one! :p

ragas 0

lmao at 6, so true and yeah, why couldn't the movie still be your favorite?

YLS 0

I love how people are getting up in arms about OH MY GOD QUESTIONABLE SUBJECT MATTER? IN SCHOOLS?! Or even, why would ANYONE like something with INCEST in it?! Or MAN THOSE FRENCH ARE WEIRD WITH THEIR INCEST MOVIES AMIRITE? You guys seem to be forgetting classic books like Flowers in the Attic and Lolita. Well, I don't know if Lolita would completely count as incest but. Hell, there are modern books with the theme in it (A Song of Ice and Fire) and movies (from all over the world) with the theme. It's taboo. That makes it a dangerous subject to write about. People like pushing that envelope. What I'm trying to say is: Things can be good even if they include things that are morally repugnant. It's not a FML at all. It's not a FANYONE'SL. Also, you guys who are like "I CAN'T IMAGINE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEING SHOWN IN A SCHOOL" maybe the secret maker is in college?

Eh-hem: #45, you're an uncultured dolt. How can you insult an entire culture and people without knowing (and obviously without understanding) it? And, yeah, it seems like there are an awful lot of French movies about incest... And #27 you prove that incest rots your brain or makes you dyslexic; you pick. #35, The Ballad of Jack and Rose was not about incest. It was about a psychological maladjustment (Electra Complex if you still believe in Freud) stemming from inappropriate socialization due to the family's isolation.

i think i watched the same movie in my french class, weird