How could you?

By Harry641 - 23/02/2016 22:53 - United Kingdom - Hounslow

Today, I got accused of ruining my girlfriend's birthday, all because I accidentally got her the same birthday present as her mother did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 360
You deserved it 1 512

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know why she's pissed. You know her as well as her own mother!

Calling the birthday ruined over this sound very dramatic.

Comments

joeyl2008 29

This is why we coordinate. or at least make sure we give our present first.

Sure it was a silly mistake in hindsight but, saying it "ruined" the day is shallow and childish.

Nothing there says it was his GF that called birthday ruined. It could have been some drunk uncle or something.

I don't know why she's pissed. You know her as well as her own mother!

Hopefully her mom said that because your girlfriend opened yours first.

Calling the birthday ruined over this sound very dramatic.

For all we know both mother and boyfriend bought her an extensive set of cleaning materials

countryb_cth 38

Was it your girlfriend's mom or your girlfriend saying that you ruined her birthday? Probably should have put that little bit of info in your FML OP.

It doesn't matter. The point is that OP got accused of ruining a birthday over a gift. Tad bit dramatic.

Actually, it does matter - whether OP is dating a dramatic bitch or if the mother (or, for all we know, even some other family member) threw a fit and OP's gf defended him.

If it's something she likes/uses a lot why wouldn't it be a good thing. Lol that would have been awkward if that had happened to me since my BF gave me an adult swing.

amileah13 26

Hey that just means you two have great taste for giving gifts! I wouldn't mind two of something because it's more of the thought put into it and it just means that you listened to your partner about what they wanted.

That's when you turn it around and say it was her mum that got her the same present as you.