By daddyslittlegirl250 - 05/05/2009 02:41 - United States

Today, we watched a movie in French class. I went on a French exchange last year, so I wanted to sound all impressive and cultured for my crush who is in the same class. I said that it was my favorite movie and I couldn't wait to watch it with everyone. The movie turned out to be about incest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 057
You deserved it 84 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And your name is "daddyslittlegirl"... I really hope that was intentional and not just the worst irony in the world. Anyway, YDI for trying to impress someone when you obviously didn't have a clue what you were doing. That's gotta be the one thing worse than trying to impress people in general - trying to impress them by *lying*.

LMFAO. That's what you get for lying. YDI.

Comments

skor_fml 0

Les Cousins Dangereux? Yay arrested development.

So what? If it's an exceptional movie, that shouldn't matter.

If you've never heard of the movie, don't call it your favorite. The only time it's acceptable to call a movie you haven't seen your favorite is if you know it to be a movie adored by film buffs everywhere. For instance, calling "The 400 Blows" your favorite movie could fool people into thinking you know more about movies than you actually do, while I'd recommend looking, say, Salo up on IMDB before telling everyone how much you like it. If you haven't heard of a movie and want to impress people by making them think you've seen it, give a brief criticism then change the subject. For instance, you could say that while the movie in question wasn't bad, you think that someone should watch the works of, say, Truffaut if they really want to see the best French cinema has to offer (just make sure the person you use didn't actually direct the movie). In short, appearing to be more cultured than you really are is a skill that requires cultivating. YDI for being an amateur.

jaime926 0

why are you watching a film about incest in your french class to begin with?

Fmylife FTW. When I read this, I remembered, "Oh yeah, I watched a bizarre French movie about incest in a French class too!" I am almost positive I would have gone my entire life, never remembering that I saw this crazy movie, until reading this post. And I am so happy to be reminded! It was SO FREAKED OUT! I googled "french incest movie milk electrocution" and immediately got the name of the movie: "Invitation au Voyage." I was in college, in a basic French class. I think the reason we watched this movie is partly because the French in the movie is pretty simple. I mean, you could be very stupid at French and still understand the movie, because visually, what is going on is obvious. Watch the movie if you want to see something truly novel. If not, spoiler alert! --------------- This is what I remember: Basically a guy is hanging out with his sister, who takes a bath in a bathtub of milk. Somehow she gets electrocuted in the bathtub and dies. Her brother puts her dead body in a cello case and carries it around on top of his car. --------------- So you can see how this movie could be good for a basic French class, because you can figure out what is going on without needing to speak a word of French. Thanks for the memories, OP!

bitca 0

Now I just really want to know what the movie is. I've seen both The Dreamers and Ma Mere (Louis Garrel has a knack for banging family members) but both are quite graphic for a classroom setting. Even for college, I think there would be better French films to show. Also, yay to the AD reference and wincest fans!

retard... how does knowing a french movie make you cultured

DannyPenguin 0

YOU'RE DUMB. seriously, it could have been an amazing movie. like, one of the best movies EVER is about incest.

There should be a special category on this website for "I was trying to impress this person, but I ended up just looking like a dumbass."

Eww. WHY DID THE TEACHER SHOW IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?????