By Anonymous - 26/03/2015 13:20 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my school had to make an official announcement that students were not permitted to go home due to Zayn Malik leaving One Direction because so many girls were claiming they couldn't focus on school with such a dramatic event occurring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 482
You deserved it 3 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

no wonder the whole world thinks America is full of idiots.

They were headed in One Direction... To failure.

Comments

just when my faith in humanity was slowly restored I read this... fml!!!

Never make the mistake of having faith in humanity again..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

girls are harming themselves because of this. this is not okay. they need help

I never said harming yourself is okay. I've been through that. It's a serious thing. But if they're just crying etc? Let them express their feelings. If they hold it all inside, it's gonna destroy them sooner or later.

Okay, we just did this yesterday with a similar FML. Whatever these girls think, this isn't a crying matter. If something like this has the power to completely ruin your day, and make life feel like it isn't worth living, then it's time to reevaluate your priorities.

People have to earn respect, they are not entitled to it, even as artists. What would I do if a member of my favourite band was living? This is what ==> "Well damn, that's shit, I hope they can carry one making great music" and then I move on with my life. It is actually scary that some people feel involved with celebrities they have no personal relationship with.

cass x - i dont HAVE to respect an artist that i dont like, i dont have to like or respect an artist just because they are famous, being famous and choosing to be in the public eye means you CHOOSE to open yourself up to tons of critism, dont like it dont be a singer. for example: (im NOT talking about one direction in this next example, this applys mainly to rappers:)i have zero respect for a singer who uses a lot of auto tune and cant actually sing, yet we have alot of really famous people who do it. should i have respect fot their hard work anyways? only if its my choice, and i choose no. and if someone left one on my favorite groups, i might be dissappointed but i wouldnt ****** CRY over it that is obviously plain stupid. i mean, they didnt even die, thats more of a reason to cry if any.

This whole scenario is pathetic. Why are people hating on him for making some decision? It was his choice and no matter what none of his fans have any say in the matter. Get over it. It's not like their music is gonna disappear all of a sudden just because one of them left. Stop bellyaching and move in with your lives

Sure, let's just close schools and declare a national emergency. People have been calling suicide hotlines and wasting those organizations' valuable time with bullshit about a band. That's unacceptable and needs to be addressed

Um, I'm not in school anymore, so no.

The thing I can't understand is: Why would you cry over this breakup? You (probably) never met this guy in real life, nor were you his personal friend. He's just one random human who came to a desicion. You know, billion people do billion desicions every day!.... Oh my god did you hear this? Some guy in China decidet to leave his sports team in just this moment you're reading this!!! Quick better cry over it!

#30 The thing I can't understand is: Why would you cry over this breakup? You (probably) never met this guy in real life, nor were you his personal friend. He's just one random human who came to a desicion. You know, billion people do billion desicions every day!.... Oh my god did you hear this? Some guy in China decided to leave his sports team in just this moment you're reading this!!! Quick, better cry over it!

Bigfabthetruth52 22

@brand125,I like how you just made a generalization about rappers as if most of them use auto tune and can't sing. I understand your premise of not respecting what you feel is not real music and also to not cry over something so trivial but you should do more research before you make false statements to make an argument.

Because those person mean way too much to them maybe because their music save their lives and sincerely I think that if they are said about Zayn leaving let them be because if they really mean that much to them it feels like a really close loves one died and it would feel the same as if the band broke or dies and sincere apologies to the directioners for Zayn leaving

That doesn't mean they need to go home from school! People in other ransoms have stayed at school after much more serious and tragic things happened to their favourite bands. When Korean pop group Ladies Code got in to a horrific car accident and two of the members died, schools in Korea (or anywhere else) didn't have to ban kids from going home

I get the band meant something to people, but c'mon he didn't die! He left the band, big whoop. My favorite band has had numerous members leave and I didn't take it over the top, I'm still a fan of them. If he died then fine, but this is just...stupid.

And even if he did die! Why should you care? You didn't knew him. People are dying all over the planet. While you are reading this at least 3 people died somewhere in your country. It would be resonable to cry over the death of many people at once or about a personal loss but not about some stranger who sings or does sports or something.

Random people dying is still different. Even if they haven't met the band, they are in news, they make videos, ect. They still know them better than a random person. I agree, breaking up this is ridiculous but if one died I don't see why people can't get upset or cry. A lot of people are still upset over an artists death that happened years ago

Everyone is crying their eyes out at my school. Ppl r sooo annoying

RusticChick 27

That's just sad.. So glad I graduated already -.-

Lucky you. I'm in college and I have friends who are just as devasted as these high school/middle school girls.

RusticChick 27

Really?! That's odd and kinda sad. Sorry for your luck!

Delsanity 13
netflixislife 15

Why people don't understand that that isn't a valid reason to leave school is beyond me

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.