Get a load of this nerd!

By Igballoon2 - 23/04/2020 14:00

Today, I was told that school was cancelled for the rest of the year. School is/was my one place of escape, and the only distraction in my life. It's now not going to be an escape until September. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 764
You deserved it 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks that this person has a shitty or downright abusive home life. If they’re a kid living at home, what resources are there for them? This sounds like someone who needs help.

Miss Independent 4

Please reach out if you feel the pressure is getting too much. Not being able to escape can be really hard!

Comments

Sounds like it’s a blessing in disguise! You need to find another ‘escape’ or hobby that gives you the same satisfaction!

I read it as an escape from a bad home life, not just as something to do.

I don't like the title to this FML. You might actually think for once it's to get away from a bad situation at home?

Miss Independent 4

Please reach out if you feel the pressure is getting too much. Not being able to escape can be really hard!

Find another escape! There are plenty of free online classes, not to mention alcohol, masturbation and binge eating.

I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks that this person has a shitty or downright abusive home life. If they’re a kid living at home, what resources are there for them? This sounds like someone who needs help.

intorvertedmoose 9

unsure if my last comment went through so if this is a duplicate I apologise. one of the helpful hotlines you may call is: 1 800 4 a child or (1-800) 422 4453. or maybe they can start with talking to a trusted adult

Well - at least you school year ends on September! Mine ends in december and was cancelled after only 1 week of classes (beginning of march).

Alup132 22

Pretty sure they have an abusive family. Don’t be a dick.

malicemassacre 18

Please reach out to local resources if it’s too unbearable