By Application - 28/07/2015 20:44 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I asked my boss for a promotion. "You don't work here but I can give you a job application." I've been working here for 8 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 730
You deserved it 2 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your boss is 100% serious, you're better off working in a place where you don't have an oblivious jackass as a boss. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Good luck.

Comments

Maybe you should start looking for work elsewhere

Nah, maybe the boss has some sort of memory loss, or he doesn't see op very often. That could be the case in a big business. However, if neither of those apply, he could just be an asshat.

How do you work for someone for 8 years and they don't even know you? That sucks OP

That makes absolutely no sense. OP's just going to up and quit the job they've been at for 8 years because their boss is a little touched in the head? Yeah, okay.

Murilirum 23

Yes actually, why work somewhere when your own boss doesn't even know who you are? Either they're one of the most consistent ninjas of the modern age, or they are completely unappreciated and that's a horrible condition to work in.

if they have been getting a paycheck during those 8 years I hope they weren't.

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm pretty sure getting sacked sucks every time.

If he was fired I dare say he wouldn't have been offered a job application.

Reapply under a family member or friend's name and rake in two paychecks.

A place where you aren't appreciated enough to be even recognised is not somewhere you should be wasting your energy and talents. Maybe you should look for other options, OP.

If your boss is 100% serious, you're better off working in a place where you don't have an oblivious jackass as a boss. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Good luck.

Playing devil's advocate here.. I don't know all of my employees. I do know the ones who have made an attempt to stand out in their performance. If I don't know an employee, it's not because I'm an oblivious jackass. It's because I'm busy trying to keep a company profitable. Perhaps OP should make more of an attempt to stand out rather than relying on his length of service to qualify him for a promotion.

Agreed 100%, #56. A lot of employees will never have the responsibility of managing anything more than what they're going to have their breakfast, especially not a work force. It's astounding people can attend huge universities saying "Don't fret if a professor doesn't remember you!" then work for equally-large companies and expect their bosses to do it while juggling even more responsibilities.

toowie_fml 20

This reminds me of the movie Office Space

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

is your boss the pointy haired boss from Dilbert??

MrThump 16

****! Awesome! Take the application and get paid twice!