By TSampson - 11/06/2009 11:51 - United States

Today, my mom's will was read to the rest of the family. I helped my mom write it a couple years ago, and I was to get funds to pay off school loans. She revised it and put in a note saying I was to get nothing because I was "lazy." The executor read it out loud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 110 098
You deserved it 11 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your mom's a b*tch. piss on her grave. she didn't even have the decency to be open with you about her feelings, which could have led to a mutual understanding of each other's beliefs and values. no, instead she acted behind your back, and let your entire family know without any regard for you. that's immature, spiteful, malicious and the indications of a bad person. personally, i respect that other people's opinions on gay rights differ, and people have a right to their opinions, but the way she dealt with the difference in opinion is messed. what an awful mother.

Comments

thorstenfillmann 0

hey I really feel sorry. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck from a gay guy T

Thats a shame...no $$$ and throwing under a bus!

FML_PosterBoy 0
Pharmacyst 0

#47 I already wrote in my post (#46) that being straight or gay should not affect the child getting inheritance from his deceased mother. People completely removing a child's inheritance is a common mistake and hopefully gets corrected! #50 I agree, if the OP had been more open about himself to the rest of his family, this situation would not have turned out so bad. #52 Love and inheritance are two completely different things. You can show love to a child while you are alive and choose to give your belongings to another person. Just because the FML doesn't include how she loved him while she was alive doesn't mean that she didn't love him at all. Like I said in my original post, they most likely had a conversation about how she felt, and the OP didn't mention that. Just as he has the right to choose his sexual orientation, his mother has the right to have an opinion on it. You can't take either right away. I will say it again, the OP is more worried about his inheritance and what people think of him than of his dead mother, and that is a shame.

Ugh, I'm sorry. I'm gay as well and I still haven't come out to my family. I cannot imagine how you're feeling right now, man.

Legally #46 is correct. It's still unfortunate though.

fxdxhk90 0

that really sucks. sorry about your loss and the fact that your mom was an ass

#65 - You're making quite a lot of assumptions considering the very tiny bit of information here.

#66 And no one likes arrogant trash like you. =]