By TSampson - 11/06/2009 11:51 - United States

Today, my mom's will was read to the rest of the family. I helped my mom write it a couple years ago, and I was to get funds to pay off school loans. She revised it and put in a note saying I was to get nothing because I was "lazy." The executor read it out loud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 110 098
You deserved it 11 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your mom's a b*tch. piss on her grave. she didn't even have the decency to be open with you about her feelings, which could have led to a mutual understanding of each other's beliefs and values. no, instead she acted behind your back, and let your entire family know without any regard for you. that's immature, spiteful, malicious and the indications of a bad person. personally, i respect that other people's opinions on gay rights differ, and people have a right to their opinions, but the way she dealt with the difference in opinion is messed. what an awful mother.

Comments

Ouch! Outed from the other side! YDI for counting on your mom to die to solve your financial ****-ups. You should have seen this coming. Your family seems very homophobic, so you should know that if anyone knew, you'd be disowned.

snappledog 0

oh boy that suuuucks man im so sorry :(

Pharmacyst 0

When you helped your mom write her will, she didn't know you were gay. She based her will at that point on the assumption that you were straight. Later she found out you were gay and changed her will. There is nothing wrong with that because her will now reflects the latest information she had available. Because it is her will, she can change it however she likes, and does not have to disclose its contents to anybody ahead of time. She clearly learned that you were gay from a conversation that the two of you had. And although you left this part out, I'm sure at that time she let you know about how she felt about you being gay. I wouldn't be surprised if she even specifically mentioned to you that you would be getting nothing if you were gay. So don't act surprised that she changed her will. The mistake your mother made is that she did not distribute what she left behind properly. When a person dies, the first portion goes to pay any unpaid debts. From the remaining, a portion of what they leave belongs to the heirs by blood right, and then the rest she can divide as she wills (ie through her "will"). Although it is her right to adjust her will as she sees fit, she has no right to remove the heirs' portion. This however is a common mistake in today's society. Secondly, I doubt she intended to spill your secret and probably expected you to come out of the closet before she died, but death has a habit of taking people when they least expect it. And there was no way of her knowing who else already knew, for all she knew, the whole family knew already but didn't like talking about it. So yes that was a mistake on her part, but I can't blame her for this. Instead of grieving over the loss of your mother, you are writing a FML about how you are not getting any inheritance and people know that you are gay. That is such a terrible way to act, and I have no sympathy for you. May your mother rest in peace.

cheese1756 0

#46 should being straight or gay affect what you inherit from your own mother? She shouldn't have done that, you can't control your sexual orientation

I wanted to say: "that's so gay". But I guess that's not the right choice of words now, is it?

#46, I think the main problem is that the mother didn't tell anyone. I believe that just being open about your feelings eases a situation much more than acting secretly.

lovablylovable 0

Ur moms retarded and very judgemental!!!!! I cannot believe ur own mother would do that to you!!!!!!! I would burst out crying and giving a picture of ur mom "the bird"!!!!!!!!!!!! She must of been REALLY mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!