By Anonymous - 26/10/2009 04:27 - United States

Today, my husband's daughter told us that she's 5 months pregnant. I'm going to be a step grandmother and I'm only 23 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 131
You deserved it 48 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

Let's say that, theoretically, the husband is not creepy old. The formula for the maximum difference in age without it being creepy is age/2+7. So, the oldest the husband could be without it being creepy is 32. If we assume that they JUST got married, and dated for more than a few weeks before getting married, I'd say the OP was probably 22 when they met, and the husband could've been 30 at most without it being creepy. So if the husband is now 31, then either he had his daughter at 15 and his daughter is 15 now, or maybe he was 16 and she's 14, or some other combination. Or he's a creepy old dude who marries younger women. Either way, YDI for either marrying an old guy, or for marrying a guy who had a kid when he was a teenager. You picked a classy guy, and so you get a guy with an obviously classy daughter. YDI.

Comments

dancingyrlie 1

"Today, after agonizing over it alone for months, I had to tell my dad and his obnoxious trophy wife, who is just a few years older than me, that I'm 5 months pregnant. FML."

So sorry that her being pregnant is an inconvenience to you.

AntiChrist7 0

The fact that he has a daughter who is old enough to get pregnant, means he is way over 30. Date someone your own age, you are not in high school. YDI

Because women only like assholes, right? Isn't that your normal response on FMLs involving any female's relationship? Why stop now, you were making such a difference in people's lives.

Who says the man is way older than 30? Males start producing viable sperm when they hit puberty. Hell, my biological father is only 38 now, he and my mother had me when he was only 16 (I was adopted away, but that's beside the point). Girls can get pregnant for about 30 to 40 years, between the onset of puberty and the onset of menopause. The girl could be 13, or she could be 20, for all we know. I am 21 years old. My father is 38 years old. I am able to get pregnant (as far as I know), and he is not "way older than 30". Thus BOTH of your points, #48, fail miserably.

My sentiments exactly. Either the guy's rich or has a foot long tongue...

adelaide_evening 0

Your closed-mindedness makes me laugh.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, she actually loves him. *gasp* How unheard of! Presumptuous dumbfucks.

everydayisFML 0

pretty sure all the people defending this dumbass shit are 15 year old girls or desperate girls in general. Get off the computer and go read some more Twilight. Old ass men and young girls, regardless of being married or not, is disgusting.

adelaide_evening 0

With all of your unbottled rage and need to scream at people who are complaining about their situations, are you sure THIS website is the one you should be surfing right now?

Whenever I see an essay filled with dumbfuckedness, I know that Pimpin88 must have been the author.

I hate how everyone here thinks its not right to assume things. You have to assume things since FMLs are only 140 characters long. There is no way of knowing for sure if this person is a gold digger, but there is a higher probability that she is, so Icy assumed that, which perfectly okay to do.

No, there is absolutely no reason to assume she is a gold digger. The only "fact" we can even safely assume is the husband is a few years older then the OP - that would be evident by his having a daughter that is at least 11 years old, most likely older.

#118, you are obviously a whiny twelve-year-old with your own issues. If you're just going to call everyone 15 years old over and over again, you need to go drop a brick on your face to jar your brain back into place.

You deserve it for having daddy issues and marrying an old man.

I am dating a 35 year old women who has an adopted daughter that is 6 months younger than I am. Get over it. Not an FML unless this pours over onto Maury or Springer.

then ditch the old hag and bang the adopted daughter

Liine - i'm pretty sure dating a man 20 years older than you makes you BOTH disgusting, if not necessarily a gold-digger. But he's still old enough to be your dad, making you both gross. Think about it, when you were toddling around in diapers, he was legally drinking. You and the OP clearly both have Daddy issues... I'm only assuming the OP is embaressed by how old her husband is, which is why it was omitted. YDI for sure.

girlygirl666 0

@59, don't assume anything, at least until you're old enough to be able to spell.

Bullshit. You tell that to my boyfriend. He's 14 years my senior and I think I'm pretty damn sure I'm in the relationship for him, thanks.

muboshgu 0

dude that's what you get for marrying a guy who's old enough to be your father did he leave his wife for you?