By Anonymous - 26/10/2009 04:27 - United States

Today, my husband's daughter told us that she's 5 months pregnant. I'm going to be a step grandmother and I'm only 23 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 131
You deserved it 48 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

Let's say that, theoretically, the husband is not creepy old. The formula for the maximum difference in age without it being creepy is age/2+7. So, the oldest the husband could be without it being creepy is 32. If we assume that they JUST got married, and dated for more than a few weeks before getting married, I'd say the OP was probably 22 when they met, and the husband could've been 30 at most without it being creepy. So if the husband is now 31, then either he had his daughter at 15 and his daughter is 15 now, or maybe he was 16 and she's 14, or some other combination. Or he's a creepy old dude who marries younger women. Either way, YDI for either marrying an old guy, or for marrying a guy who had a kid when he was a teenager. You picked a classy guy, and so you get a guy with an obviously classy daughter. YDI.

Comments

ohmywows 0

how does the OP deserve this???

Did ever think maybe his daughter's like 16 and he's maybe 32-34? How is it impossible? You guys honestly take this shit to seriously.

how are YOU the one with the fml? imagine what the poor little girl must be going through

quarty165 0

Say whatever you wanna say about love has no age, fine. But if you're gonna marry someone who has a kid and/or is that much older than you, you should expect it. don't complain to us about it. end of story.

Fyl for marrying someone so much older than you that HIS daughter is already 5 months pregnant. Damn.

You guys, he may not be THAT much older. My baby-sitter had her first when she was 17, and her 17 year old daughter just had a baby 6 months ago. She's 34. So theoretically, the OP's husband could be 34, and she's 23. Is that such a horrible age difference? And even if there is a larger age difference, who cares? Their marriage will probably last longer than most of the people's marriages who are bitching about the age difference.

DeanaGirl 0

You know what? I think you all really need to chill out about the age thing. Love doesnt have a number, or a preference, sometimes you cannot help who you fall in love with. I am 24 and my husband is 46, yes hes 22 years older than me, we met when I was 22. I love him like a fish loves the fresh clean water of the open sea... or lake lol... My husband has a 28 year old son that was born when my husband was 17. I married in as a step-grandma. My best friend is his sons girlfriend and the mother of my step grandchildren. We all get along well.... It was weird at first to be considered a step-grandma, or grandma for that matter at my age but it really doesnt bother me, I love the kids! I love my husband! You can comment and say I am sick for loving a man of his age (or a man with that much difference in age between us) but I will tell you one thing. Every blue collared nice guy my age ended up abusing me, just like my father and mother did. I finally met a man that only puts his hands on me in a loving and gentle manner! So this lifestyle may not be one that fits you all but don't judge someone elses happiness! You dont want people telling you that you are sick or that you cant be with the person you love... So dont talk that way to others its just in bad taste!

triplethreat13 0

Hmm. Either your stepdaughter is a *****, or you are.