By Anonymous - 26/10/2009 04:27 - United States

Today, my husband's daughter told us that she's 5 months pregnant. I'm going to be a step grandmother and I'm only 23 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 131
You deserved it 48 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

Let's say that, theoretically, the husband is not creepy old. The formula for the maximum difference in age without it being creepy is age/2+7. So, the oldest the husband could be without it being creepy is 32. If we assume that they JUST got married, and dated for more than a few weeks before getting married, I'd say the OP was probably 22 when they met, and the husband could've been 30 at most without it being creepy. So if the husband is now 31, then either he had his daughter at 15 and his daughter is 15 now, or maybe he was 16 and she's 14, or some other combination. Or he's a creepy old dude who marries younger women. Either way, YDI for either marrying an old guy, or for marrying a guy who had a kid when he was a teenager. You picked a classy guy, and so you get a guy with an obviously classy daughter. YDI.

Comments

yeah,poor you..she's the pregnant one,dick.

how old is your husband and how old is that slurry daughter? what a *****

For all the people who have posted about them having healthy relationships with older men, thats great for you, more power to you. But OP is one of those people who got into the relationship but didnt think it through, and what the relationship entails, now her husband might be mature enough to handle the new responsibility, but she clearly isnt. Now the husband has two deal with his daughter whose pregnant as well as his wife, who is clearly going hysterical over the fact that she will be a grandmother. So the question really is, are all the healthy relationships the rule, and OP's case being an exception, or whether the healthy relationships of other posters are the exception and OP's case the rule? I would say if you dont have the level of maturity to match with your mate, and take on your fair share of responsibility, then dont do it!

YDI for marrying an old guy. I fail to see how this warrants an FML.

ladycoyote 0

#1 - You married someone who already has children, regardless of their age. They should be more important than you. FAR more important than you. #2 - If you married someone old enough to have children of child-bearing age, and you're only 23, then that's really, really disgusting, and also your own damn fault. Suck it up, Princess. Next time marry someone who doesn't have children, especially children close to your age, you selfish, whiny little *****.

YDI it for marrying a guy old enough to be your dad with a daughter old enough to be your sister.

On the bright side, you now get to give a whole new meaning to the term "granny panties."

ydi for being a gold digger and a ***** who slept around.

laureysa 0

at least she's not YOUR daughter.