By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

poolshark 0

So what was his plan after asking the big question anyway? I don't think I would be in the mood to dive back into my popcorn and finish watching a movie right after getting engaged... it all seems very anticlimactic (except for the coke to the head, of course).

HiBillyMaysHere 0

I don't blame the guy who threw the popcorn one bit. And how the hell did dude manage to get them to stop the movie in the first place, I would have told him to piss off, you two aren't the only ones in the theater!

doll_face 0

nobody wants to have a movie that they paid $10 for interrupted, even if love is being declared.

How rude and entitled to assume that a huge group of strangers gives a flying f*ck about watching you get engaged. If I paid $10 bucks to watch a movie, I want to watch the movie. The fact that the theater even allowed it is a little astounding. Normally, if the movie stops in the middle, you get a pass for a free movie. I'm guessing this audience was SOL, because they got to witness you're "special moment".

Rawrrr14 0

#78, I agree. Besides, sense when are movie theaters romantic? Just my opinion though, Congratulations though!

I think your fiance should have pre-empted the ads before the movie. That would have made everyone happy, and then you'd have had the whole length of the movie to make out like rabid weasels.

That is by far the most unromantic proposal I've ever heard. A movie theater??? Why did he think that would be a good idea?

wow its amazing how many people are getting so mad at having a ******* movie stopped so a guy could propose to his girlfriend. seriously, ITS A ******* MOVIE, it's not the ******* end of the world if you have to wait two ******* minutes before you can watch whatever crappy movie it probably was anyway. god damn, it's not everyday someone proposes to his girlfriend. i've never heard of someone doing this before, he obviously wanted to be original and do something new. i don't see the big damn deal of having to wait a minute or two so this guy can propose, which is a hell of a lot more important than some stupid ******* movie that you can see 3294829302 times, they are not real, this person's life is real though. and whoever says i paid good money for this movie and blah blah blah, it's 10 bucks for a ticket, 10 bucks is not a lot of money at all. you are probably all 17 or something and have no money so you think 10 bucks is a lot. get a job.

#81, it's not about the money. It's about this rude prick thinking that HIS special moment AUTOMATICALLY takes priority over the wishes of everyone else in the theater. Depending on the size of the theater, and how packed it was, that could easily be a couple hundred people. To assume that your time is more valuable than the time of everyone around you is inconsiderate in the extreme. However, not all the blame rests with him; some lies with the projectionist or theater manager or whoever else okayed this interruption. @OP: FYL for having pop thrown at you over something that wasn't your doing. Tell your boyfriend (or fiancé, if you accepted) not to be a douche like that in the future, though.

I clicked FYL because it would be pretty embarrassing, and the coke hitting your head would suck, but if your fiance had posted this, it would really be a YDI. You'd think people would've been politer though. A 2 minute break in the middle of a movie is hardly an excuse to throw a drink at someone. =/ Congrats (if you said yes) though, and I hope he finds somewhere better for your wedding. =)

Your fiance deserved it. Sorry but, of all the places to propose - what a movie theatre? What's so significant about it? And it is interrupting the movie for all the other guests. Like.. if it's at a baseball game, they have special moments for that - but interrupting the movie? ... Shoulda known some people are just that inconsiderate.

"Shoulda known some people are just that inconsiderate. " Ikr. He should know. He is one of them.