By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 528
You deserved it 16 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

The whole point of a movie theater is to immerse oneself in the film. It's a type of experience that one simply cannot get watching the DVD at home. There's a good reason cell phones, crying babies, and side conversations are frowned upon in most theaters. Apparently, your fiance decided that his massive ego entitled him to interrupt everyone's else moviegoing experience because he felt that a group of total strangers would be more interested in his cheesy proposal than watching the movie they paid to see. Sure, it was a relatively minor inconvenience, but it was done on purpose KNOWING that others would be inconvenienced. There was no good reason for your fiance to propose in a movie theater except to stroke his ego. There would be nothing lost to wait another hour or two and propose in a restaurant, which is a far better setting and where people expect a good deal of ambient noise. Indeed, one may even get a round of applause. Whoever threw the coke deserves a medal. The venue was extremely inappropriate and I'm glad someone did something about it.

I agree with 120. And want to say that is the worst proposal ever. Talk about non-romantic. And I would be pissed if some jackass made me wait and watch him propose to his girl. I don't give a shit about it. I came to watch a movie, not see you get engaged.

SomeGuy1234 0

That only sucks because they threw the cup at your head not his. But their aim was probably off, why would you want to marry someone who thinks it's cool to interrupt a movie many other people are enjoying?

Namaste_fml 2

I bet almost ALL of the people who are saying it wasn't okay are guys, who are just upset because no girl would EVER marry them, because they can't be sweet and genuine and selfless for one effin' moment. I mean, this dude obviously knew it would mean something to his girlfriend, and if he had half a brain he KNEW he was gonna get shit for interupting the movie, but he did it anyway, so it could be special for her. His girl just got unlucky and got the brunt of it instead of him. But bravo for him, going for it. It sucks that people have to be such assholes, but that's the world today. It's pathetic that people are like that, but oh well. Oh and guys, THAT'S the kind of guy most girls want anyway. We don't want some whiny, selfish little ass, who can't take two minutes of his life to be happy for someone else. I mean, honestly, guys don't want that in a girl either. So what you spent money, and had to watch a guy propose for two minutes? I mean, HONESTLY I have never seen more selfish assholes in one place at one time, than the majority of people here, who think what happened to her was okay, because it was "rude" to interupt the movie. It's far more rude to interupt a planned proposal, and the movie theater was okay with it, and he probably PAID far more than any of you did, to stop the movie for a couple of minutes to propose, because I doubt they let him do it for free. So if you're gonna be selfish assholes and say she deserved it, go **** yourselfs, 'cuz no one else is ever gonna sleep with you.

It is not "selfless" to interrupt complete strangers and having them wait because of your proposal. And in the middle of the movie, even! He could have asked for the cinema to cut out some commercials at beginning or do it at the end. It is extremely rude, inconsiderate, selfish. I definitely would not want a partner who would be such an attention ***** and thought his time is more valuable than time of other people around him and would lack consideration for others so much. I bet his 2nd idea was proposing to her at someone else's wedding.

Brace yourself... I'm about to reveal something earth-shattering to you... Your fiance is retarded.

i'd think it's cute, but if i was into the movie i'd be kinda pissed too... and HAHAH @#123

Did he stop Star Trek? I'm sorry a coke was thrown at you, who had no say in the plan... But stopping a $10 movie to watch other people engaged is just plain obnoxious.

poolshark 0

First of all, I can't believe how many looooong posts there have been on this one; I had no idea people were so passionate about the movie-going experience... Second, I would like to point out the sweet irony of #121's name. She tells people to go **** themselves, but namaste means "the light within me honors the light within you". ha!

RiverRelic 0

Anyone who is so self-centered as to think he's important enough to dictate other people's hard-earned entertainment (doesn't matter if it's just a movie - I work in order to pay for that movie) is going to be an emotionally stunted retard of a husband who makes a habit of bad decisions based on how important he thinks he is. If he really wanted to do that then he should have bought every seat in the theater and handed them out free to everyone. Then, he can interrupt the movie HE paid for.

Wow, that guy is a jerk. It's a movie, don't ruin peoples lives over it. I hope someone F's his life up.