By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

FYL for being proposed to in a nasty movie theatre.

YDI. I'd be pissed too if someone interrupted my movie - unless he reimbursed the entire theatre for a bad movie-going experience, your husband-to-be is thoughtless and selfish. He could've had the projectionist stop the film after the previews BEFORE the movie started.

AntiChrist7 0

there are better places to do that. YDI

kellster 2

I'd be pissed, too. That's rather inconsiderate. That wasn't half-time at some sporting event, you had the entire movie held up! That's pretty much just asking to get popcorn rained down on you.

you didn't deserve that one, but he sure did

kellster 2

#68 here. Edit - I missed my time window to do this, sorry. I misread the first time and thought you had done the proposal. In that case, my apologies. I'm sorry you got hit, even if I still think it was inconsiderate of your fiance. Congrats, though?

Conclusion... DO NOT INTERRUP A FILM IN PROGRESS! I'm Sorry that you had a coke tawsed at you thow (You should take it as it was ment for the person who stoped the film.). RI

Yeah, he deserved it, not you. I don't understand what kind of asshole he has to be to make a bunch of strangers take time out of their lives to look at his, particularly when it's time they've paid for. Would I have thrown a soft drink? No. Would I have supported someone else who wanted to ruin his terrible idea? Yes. Congratulations or FYL for being proposed to by a jerk, take your pick.

Wow, some of the people here are unbelievable... pretty sure this FML is about the OP getting coke thrown at their head for something that they had absolutely no control over! "Your fiance deserved it..." He deserved his girlfriend (boyfriend?) getting hit in the head with Coke? And would you all really get SO angry because a movie paused for a minute? It's not like it broke down and won't come back on. Although yeah, it probably isn't a great idea to essentially force a horde of innocent movie-goers to ~*~look at MEEEEEE!~*~, it's not the worst thing in the world and certainly not worth chucking a $5 Coke at someone's head! FYL, OP.