By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 528
You deserved it 16 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

TOO DAMN RIGHT. those people have paid good money to watch that movie, not to watch two people they dont care about get hitched. Surely there are a hundred better places to do that??

gee..out of all the places to propose, he chose a movie theater? he might as well have proposed next to a dumpster. you've got quite the guy there. we're all looking forward to your follow-up FMLs. xD

Namaste_fml 2

Oh come on! "Well, it's inconsiderate..." HE DID HIS BEST TO MAKE IT SPECIAL FOR HER. I mean, play tickets cost more and they interupt plays in the middle for intermission, so think of it like that. I mean, you get to see the whole freakin' movie, it's paused for like two seconds, and for two seconds someone else is the center of attention, and if YOU can't be the center of attention, no one can. Grow up. It was sweet of him to do that for her, and you paid good money to get in your get to witness not only a movie, but a very special moment between to people, so be mature. You still get to see the whole movie, you're not getting any less because of it. I'm sorry that happened. Most people on earth are completely immature little children, as most of these comments prove. I would've STRANGLED whoever threw that drink if it had been me. That's just rude. Anyway, congrats on the proposal. I'm sorry it didn't go so well, but it's still great that y'all are getting married.

shizzbangpop 0

On the bright side, at least you'll still be getting married! (:

I hope you don't have to read most of these, OP, because I truly feel bad for you. I hope the coke didn't actually hit you. I hope that he proposed in a way that you'll remember forever. Obviously the movie meant SOMETHING to you, which means that he cared enough to do it somewhere you would feel comfortable. As someone who believes in watching movies to their full extent, I'll say this: it's no different than pressing pause so you can piss at home. You're moaning about YOURSELVES. YOU WERE NOT THERE. YOU WERE NOT INCONVENIENCED. She's saying that she was being PROPOSED to, something that should be TOTALLY unforgettable, and some total asshole throws a drink at her. Have you ever been hit in the face with a handful of ice? I'm sure the drink didn't feel nice if it hit her in the face or if it spilled all over her. Maybe he picked a time when a lot of people weren't supposed to be in there. I can't see the theater people pausing a movie or letting him use a microphone if the place was packed. So before being so ******* BITCHY, maybe think about it from a different perspective because you guys are SO off the marker. I'm so sorry, OP. I hope it was still special.

YDI because he had to inconvenience others to make the proposal.

I would say YDI, but it wasn't your idea or your actions that did it. It's all his fault. You don't do that at a movie theater!

meddude 0

your life is ******. your fiance was trying to do something romantic. right idea, wrong location. simple as that. and the dude in the audience is a complete douchebag.

that's disgusting..i hope your fiance punched him...i probably would have punched him myself...and omg for the people who are complaining how they are being inconvenienced...what you can't wait like a couple minutes...im sure that most of the people who posted that are probably 12 year old male douchebahgs

I wouldn't've thrown Coke at your head, but I would've been yelling for the movie to be turned on. Movies are effing expensive these days, and we only go to the ones that we REALLY can't wait for. So, I'd be PISSED if the movie stopped in the middle, just so that someone could propose. Then again, I HATE big elaborate proposals. Most marriages end up in divorce, anyway.