By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

lol to people saying they paid "good money" to see a movie. Like jeez its what, 8 bucks? Where as a proposal is a bit more important than a movie, who the f*ck cares if you're interupted for a couple minutes of your life. And who throws a coke at sombody.. honestly.. I've never heard of a proposal in a movie theater but i'm sure it meant somthing to the OP. FYL for the assholes that don't appreciate PDA (public display of affection), but Congrats =)

Actually, #81, it is everyday people get engaged. Happens every single ******* day. And guess what? That makes it only interesting for the people it's happening to. No one else cares. Everyone in the world has had to sit through some dumb public proposal, and it's never romantic, just cheesy.

Yeah, I think he could have found a better place to propose.

wow, #83's a total douchebag. what do you (and half the other commenters on here) have against engagements? sounds like someone's bitter....

McCannCanTriple 0

#40 Moies tickets here cost about ten bucks. Plus food and drink adds in about another ten. No, that isn't thirty dollars, but when you bring just one other person, that is around thirty dollars to see a movie. So yea, I can see why some people would be pissed.

for some reason, the post i mentioned keeps switching between #82 and 83. so, for clarification, organisedchaos is the douchebag.

haha FYL. but he deserved it public proposals at the movies... isnt a very good idea

I would have thrown the drink at the guy. What a dick.

oh. my. god. what a dumb ****! lets hope you said no, because anyone who interrupts a movie is a jackass on my watch. get out while you can. turn the movie back on.

HBubble 3

Your boyfriend is an inconsiderate dick. You're lucky you only got coke thrown at you.