By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

awwwe that is soo ncie whoever that rude perosn was that trew the coke is a total jack but like it was ur nite and they shouldnt of ruined it. but props to ur husband.

Yeah, seriously, come off it. It's all well and good to be happy for someone, but this is just ridiculous. I wish you'd said no; that would have made me much happier. Having coke thrown at YOU was shitty - should have thrown it at HIM for planning such a stupid proposal. Making a big deal out of a proposal is fine - in the right setting. Time and place and all that. Mid-movie in a cinema is just rude. Rudeness = cancels out any romantic ideals. FYL for having an egocentric, melodramatic, inconsiderate partner.

Actually, it didn’t even occur to me that she may have said yes.

I can't believe people are actually defending this nonsense. Probably the same assholes who think it's no big deal if they text through the entire movie. Granted, throwing a coke at someone is going a bit too far, but how could he not expect some backlash? People came to watch a movie, not watch two random fucktards get engaged. Also, I don't care what movie it is. It'd be worse if it were an action blockbuster, but even if it's a sappy chick flick, it's still not cool to interrupt it.

you didn't deserve to get stuff thrown at you, buuut you really couldn't expect those strangers to care about your engagement. people are selfish and jaded you know. i for one would have been annoyed.

I'd be soooo pissed if someone interrupted the whole theater just so they could propose. It's terribly inconsiderate for people who paid good money to watch a movie in peace. Go do that somewhere private, or at least not where the entire place needs to be put on hold for you.

Maybe you're different, but most people go to cinema to experience the phenomena of 'suspense of belief'. For this phenomena to happen for most people, it must have very little unbroken attention(aside from the annoyance of a bathroom break now and again) but you stopped the movie and disrupted their attention to get it onto yourselves. Maybe it doesn't bother you but for many who appreciate cinema, they get into it. You and your fiance isn't the climax they paid for. It's a social faux pas along the lines of stopping a ballet, dancers in midstep so two people in the audience could carry on a conversation they could have in a restaurant amongst eachother. No one's going to really be that celebrative now that you've stolen someone else's moment. If you've ever noticed at a ball game, people generally have the decency to never interrupt mid-play or if one team was about to hit a goal. They wait for a half time period, a lull in the game or set up a special time to do it otherwise they'd probably be removed from the rest of the spectators for ruining the game for everyone else.

To people saying why a movie? Depends. If the movie was her favourite movie then I can see it being quite sweet. If it was just a random movie you went to see though I see it being a bit pointless. Yeah, nice gesture, but a movie...not really good for people like that guy who didn't appreciate it!

Motorbreath 0

YDI for proposing at a movie, lol. FYL 'cause that stupid prick was there. I would've beat the living shit out of him for doing something like that, but whatever.

I just love the idea of preposing at a movie theater...After the film is done Ofcorse. Your lucky I wasn't there, I hate interprions, and other noise. Expicaly one first day showings. RI

phenom11 0

It amazes me how sensitive people get about movies. I would be irritated if some guy interupted a movie I was watching to propose, but good grief how immature do you have to be to throw your coke at someone. I think he would have been better off doing it at the end of the movie, or right before it came on.