By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 528
You deserved it 16 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

HEYbitch_fml 0

FYL for getting coke dumped on you when it wasn't your fault and having it ruin a happy moment, but also kinda YDI because your boyfriend shouldn't have inconvenienced everyone by stopping the movie.

flynfreako 0

he should've rented the theater out... i know some allow people to do that.

That was a terrible idea. This isn't like proposing at a restaurant, at all. What he did would be the equivalent of waiters coming in and taking all the plates people were eating off until the guy was finished proposing. I'd be pissed as hell if someone stopped a film I was watching for their own selfish reasons (yes, interrupting everyone's entertainment so they can serve you by witnessing your proposal, without anyone agreeing to it, is selfish as hell.)

McCannCanTriple 0

# 113, Yea, but once again, people don't pay tweenty plus dollars to watch a tv show. That said I would not have thrown a drink or anything. It might have been better to do during the previews of the movies, or just after it ended though. Private screening would have made this steller. Invite all her family and friends (but don't tell her) and then get her to the movie when it is dark (as not to see anyone) and then bust out the quetsion half way.

Eresbel 0

I'm a girl and I think your fiance/bf was inconsiderate and that public proposals are ego-stroking annoyances. (The coke-throwing is obnoxious too, FYL for that.) I would say no to any guy who proposed to me in public. He clearly doesn't know me and clearly thinks that private relationships are for public entertainment. Comparing an intermission during a play to interrupting a movie is incorrect - people know there will be an intermission and they welcome it for the respite and a chance to go to the bathroom. If the guy had proposed during a play intermission, it'd be different, and if movies had intermissions, it'd be acceptable. But they don't and he didn't. He's a jerk and the poster's evening was ******. Quel dommage.

I think it was very nice of him to propose. Obviously he didn't think this one through. It appears he got the movie theater in on it because the movie stopped, but it doesn't appear he got the people in on it. The nicer thing to have done is proposed prior to the movie instead of in the middle; like during the previews or after the credits. Let's just say people get pissed off depending on what or where you're trying to do something; for example, if you were to stop traffic, that could really piss people off for some reason. Many people are very selfish and believe they are the only ones entitled to everything, so just be careful out there, and don't let this event ruin your wedding plans or anything.

deaditegirl 0

YDI. And by you deserve it, I mean your fiance deserves it. People pay money to see the movie, not to bear witness to your personal life. What gives you the right to interrupt the movie that everyone else paid to see? Nothing. I would have thrown stuff at you too.

thisishilarious 0

whoever threw the coke is a good person, **** that shit... its one thing to do it at a sporting event where theres breaks in the action but a movie in a theatre, thats just a dick move. your boyfriend is a bastard

Tamora 0

yah, i dont think YDI, but i think HE did. im just going to say thats a horrible was to propose. if a guys proposed to me like that, i might have said no, or the ring whould have to be danm nice. L=

Awe, im sorry. It dosnt matter where the guy decided to propose ; It was the jerkoff who threw the cup @ her. Screw him, i hope you two are getting married anyways(: