By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 218
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

HunterFalls13 0

Aw I'm sorry Your parents are horrible You should show peoe your balding head in a sign that you are waging a battle and not trying to conciel it Tell your parents They should be ashamed for being embarresed of their child with cancer It's wrong

HelloSeattle 0

Previous commenters, did anyone think that it's not because they're 'embarrassed', but possibly because it hurts them to see their daughter/sister with a disease as horrible as cancer? A lot of people - I know my family, for one - when a loved one is diagnosed with someone as terrible as this, they don't want to have the constant reminder of a possible death. Yes, it is selfish, because they aren't the ones suffering. But still. Consider it.

Hear hear. It's not physical suffering that the family's going through, sure--but it's emotional and mental suffering that's hard to cope with. Cancer's a bitch. To the OP: I hope your family finds better words for you, and can be at ease that you're comfortable with yourself. :)

I agree. Cancer affects everyone involved. OP, your life wasn't the only one turned upside down the day you were diagnosed. Your family just doesn't want to see you in pain. A few months ago my aunt finally stopped fighting cancer. She had suffered so long and was tired. My family was unwilling to cooperate, and they kept pushing her to try all these alternative treatments, which was seemingly selfish on their part, but they just weren't ready to let go. I wish you well =)

XanimalloverX 0

First off your family are a bunch of dickwads second anyone who has cancer is my hero including you I admire your strength and courage it takes alot to accept being bald and seeing true beauty. I'll be praying for you

Your family is a bunch of shitheads. Don't listen to the assholes on here; they just want attention.

YDI it for having cancer fggot, when's the funeral?

JabezRodriguez 0

What is wrong with you? Are you really that freaking stupid/insensitive? Maybe nobody loves you so you have nothing better to do than be a complete jackass...I hope you reap what you sow...JERK!!

danimani_fml 0

I really hope the person that you "baller" love And care about the most dies from something out of their control. if your even capapable of love you ******* troll, go stand under a bridge. And don't ******* tell me not to say that, I know it's a sin, and I don't really mean it but yes people like that even if their just doing it to **** with people deserve no respect.

danimani_fml 0

Actually scratch that someone shouldn't die because your an asshole. How about you just rethink your reply because it was a bad desicion. if not then I hope you personally just die from cancer of the dick.

Your family probably aren't embarassed about you, my dear. It's hard for them to see you bald, because it's a constant reminder of what you are going through, and it's so painful to watch a family member go through what you are going through. It's easier to accept being bald yourself, but harder for your family.

That stinks how your family is ashamed of you. They should be supporting you, especially when it comes to something you can't control. It's hard enough going through chemo, but to have to deal with losing your hair... but you've accepted it. Congrats :) I'm sure many people out there would be in denial about having no hair.

when a family member gets a disease like that, the people that love you are powerless in helping you. So they try whatever they can. when my mom had cancer and lost her hair, I shaved my head to help her in any way I could. I couldn't make her better healthwise but I wanted her to be happy. I'm sure that's what your family was trying to do. they just might be trying to help you but they just don't know how. either way, I wish you luck in your fight. God Bless.