By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 218
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

With all respects... To hell with your parents! You are already going through something life-threatening (I would know) If your parents can't accept that then they are really a bunch of assholes!

I am so incredibly sorry to hear that poster. This is DEF. a fyl moment, times 100! You have my total sympathy here!

Join the Bald! they are highly discriminated against... & you seem like a strong well-adjusted person to stop discrimination, since you are comfortable with you're appearance. Embrace & love yourself. Allow your family time to adjust. Realize they are scared, and you are brave. This is not an fyl: you have cancer, yes, but you are embracing it and proving to your family that you are strong. This is not a ydi: Your family will hopefully learn to be as brave as you are, but until then, you just have to realize that they are scared. You are amazing for having the courage to be yourself and not hide behind society's mask (or in this case, wig) of conformity. Good luck, and keep fighting. I know you'll win.

That sucks. :( Family can be really lame sometimes. I hope that you get better.

I'm glad too hear you accept yourself :] But your family ******* sucks. :/

Uh I don't know what a slaphead is but u suck at life, douche. OP ur family truly sucks. I hope u get through it, I know chemo is tough. Then I suggest u put as many states between u and ur kinfolk as possible

aaaaa12345_fml 0

i always feel uncomfortable around people with cancer, especially the bald ones

I always figured if I would get cancer and have to have chemo some day, I'd get myself a ton of wacky wigs - Halloween type, like the ones made of sparkly blue tinsel or whatever - and just have fun with it. We laugh so we don't cry, right?

i wish you the best of luck with your cancer & hope your family comes around. maybe they should read these comments.