By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 218
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

I am truly sorry your family consists of a bunch of assholes. I really do admire your strength and courage going about this whole ordeal. Don't let anyone on this website bother you, OP! The people who wrote nasty comments or gave you YDI are really insecure and have nothing better to with their lives.

Why the **** would anyone troll an FML like this? People are stupid. ):

Ohmojoking 0

I'm so sorry you have to hear things like that from your family and seriously insensitive and stupid people when you are fighting a battle so difficult. I sincerely hope and pray that your family finds a better way to express themselves and be more supportive. But remember you are not alone there are so many people that wish for your healing and happiness, there are others fighting the same battle who would look at you and see strength, courage, and hope. Stay strong even when everything seems like its falling apart hold onto the fact that there are many who wish for your well being. Ignore all the awful comments it doesn't even make sense for them to say things like that, they're ignorant and angry and everyone calls them out for their insensitivity. Really take in the supporters and those who are standing up for you, they have a righteous and loving heart. I hope so much you never lose hope and that these encouraging and unencouraging comments only give you more erasons to fight that much harder. Be strong. With love.

PeteyRiverstool 0

That was very inconsiderate of your family. It's nothing you can control, and neither can they. They should be there to support you. I'm with #208. And other comments, stop feeding the damn troll.

I don't know you but I am still very proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to go through what you are, and more-so when it seems to be only partially supported. If your family can't handle your current hairlessness, I hope you find solace in knowing that there are thousands of people trying to overcome the same disease. So many of us FMLers are now keeping you in their thoughts. Just remember, you have to be strong for you first, your family and friends second. Best of luck; be strong and remember that there really can be a happy ending to a cancer diagnosis.

#1 anyone that needs to be put down is a prick like you

sleepy87 0

You are a very brave person. No matter what anyone says HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH. People make their stupid comments and feel they must share them. Just let it go, and i wish you the best of luck w/your treatments.

#1, Wow, thats pretty low, you must be a douchbag to be that low! You should be buried in the ground because you deserve to go to hell! :) So please, light a fire around you and burn :) Thanks!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but how does getting a disease that that you have no control over (or may even be caused by your own bad habits) with the options of fight it or die make you a brave person? I've always wondered why you're brave simply because you're taking the only choice that will give you a chance to survive.

Ninja if a fire breaks out, and you're trapped, and you're scared shitless, and its gonna engulf you - what is brave - letting yourself die or fighting your way out? same with cancer - I've known people who gave up by the first signs and died in weeks/days, others have fought it and have survived years beyond expectations. That is what makes it a brave person.

ahiss1984 0

so taking the easy way out- giving up is brave? i'm not saying dying is easy but wake up and smell the F-ing coffee