By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 218
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

Aw.. Im so sorry! Hang on, And be strong hun,.. You'll make it through congrats on being strong through all of it And don't listen to your family. I bet your still a beautiful person inside and out, with or without a wig! :)

hey OP, just stopping back in to say that internet trolls suck, which explains all the negative comments left here ): but don't get discouraged; laugh at those stupid fucktwats & strut your stuff!

I lost my grandmother to cancer this year, and the worst was when I just didn't believe it when everybody told me she wouldn't be around forever. Do your chemo treatments. Find support. And keep going. In the winter, she used to wear these cute little old lady wool hats to keep warm. I was so surprised when I found out she got them at some super expensive store, because I didn't think she would still care. Why am I writing this? Anyway, maybe get your family to knit you some nice skullcaps, and start being proud of your resilience.

amberspain 0

this is heartbreaking. you're in my prayers. & i agree. you're beautiful with or without a wig 8)

I'm so sorry your family is being so awful and good luck with your treatments.

Your life already sucks due to the fact you have cancer. But be strong, and it'll work out! And sorry about your family's awful reaction../

I say stay bald if you want to. it's their problem that they can't cope with the way you look. **** 'em. stay bald for spite.

CANTTOUCHMASWAG 0

well maybe you shouldnt have gotten cancer........ Then lik 100 people wouldnt have to waste part of their lives trying to make u feel good

OMG how much more heartless can these trolls get??

mish01 0

Wtf. Just for that i hope you get cancer

dont ever ever ever wish that fate on anybody.

ThePieSwindler 0

damn my family hates my hair too D: its long tho

**** them. You could be dying and all they care about is looks. I think you were switched as a baby, if you can accept yourself and they can't accept others, somethings messed up. Their minds, I suppose.