By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 218
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

Sorry to hear about the illness... but good luck with the chemo; I'm sure it'll work out! Sorry your family is a bunch of weaklings, though. Don't give in to their stupid desires just because they're shallow. Stay strong and rock on! :)

Honey let me tell you.... I just lost my cousin who struggled 3 years with lukemia and left a 10 month old son behind... and her famous line known threw miami children's hospital was "you know the best part of being under chemo treatment? You don't have to shave down there... lol" that was her line she passed away 2 weeks ago at the age of 18... so live strong and stop looking at the cup have empty... look at it half full...

lovely997 0

I'm sorry boo. Its good you are proud of yourself, we need more of that now a days.

boarder3 0

That's horrible, I really hope you get better soon. My friend got brain cancer at age 12, and his prognosis was not good; he's 17 today, happy, and healthy. There's hope for you, just keep fighting. :) And #99, read the book of Job, that will refute your argument.

Actually, it won't refute anything. To refute something, its needs to be based on fact, or atleast some sort of historical or archeological PROOF or EVIDENCE. Which, it has neither one nor the other. This is not me bashing religion, believe what you want. The book of job is based on Satan, God, and God putting Job through pain. Because Satan "challenges" God by saying Job wouldn't follow God if he was in pain, God gives Satan permission to inflict pain on him and into his life to challenge Job's trust in God. Since noone in that story has ever been proven to be real, in any way, you cannot refute anyone's claims with it. Sorry, but it's true

While that really sucks, the real post should say "I have cancer and I need chemo, FML" Btw #195, don't push religion, you have no proof for or against, believe what you want but don't push it on other people.

I don't agree with you. thanks to scientific leaps in this area, cancer can be won with chemo in a huge majority of cases. I worked with kids with cancer, and their chances are over 80%, compared to 50% a few years back. to the poster - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you'll get better. If u need support I can direct you to online support groups or I can help you myself. be brave :)

what i wanna know is what a** holes posted that she deserved it!! what she's going through is a hard thing and it is good that she has excepted what has happened to her.

if my family said that to me i'd cry then punch them all in the face.

Stevieebabyy 0

That's horrible!!! My aunt lost her hair while visiting at our house and my dad shaved his head for her to feel better. Your family should be supportive right now. Best of luck, you'll kick cancer's ass!

JabezRodriguez 0

there should be NO REASON why there are ANY YDI comments on this post.OP stay strong!!!

amandax6 0

wow that's not even funny. so sad.