By Blaisey - 21/04/2014 17:25 - Canada - Duncan

Today, my drug addict of a roommate convinced herself my red kitten was Pennywise the clown in disguise waiting to kill her, and hit him over the head with a pan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 183
You deserved it 5 517

Blaisey tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. I talked to my landlord about my roommate a few hours ago. She's a very sweet older lady, and she was in tears when I told her what happened. My roommate now has 48 hours to get out. I took Paprika to the vet right away, and they said she'll most likely survive, but it's possible she'll have brain damage. She woke up in the car on the way there (after a good ten minutes of not moving, I was so afraid she didn't make it) but they gave her something to make her sleep for awhile. Thank you all for your support!

Top comments

androtech 12

You should hit her over the head with a pan.

Comments

drumguy218 11

You need to take some sort of legal action here, and I fully support anything that might happen to your roommate because of it, but my most pressing question for this FML is: Who the **** are the 358 people that think s/he deserved it? For what, getting a kitten?

Around 10-20% of the votes on any given FML are chosen without any care for the actual content of the FML. Some people simply always hit YDI/FYL, without caring what's written. The other 80-90% then fluctuate between the two, with ~5% being votes that were given accidentally by misclicking. This basically means that about 200-250 of those votes were not made by people who actually think the OP deserved this, they were either accidental or trolling-motivated votes. The rest of them, in this case, probably consist of parts from various groups of people: those who hate cats, those who had bad drug trips and think the OP is overreacting, those who think it's funny when animals get hurt, those who want Pennywise to be a real being that actually kills people, yadda yadda. Hope this helped you get an idea for these votes. ^^

Thank you. I'm fairly new as a commenter on here, and I was just flabbergasted. I mean, I know it's the internet and anything goes, but it was just surprising, I guess. In any case, I hope the OP's kitten is okay, and that her state supports animal abuse laws. =)

There are also people who click YDI to get the badge. I suppose some people might think OP should have known better than to bring a kitten into a living situation where there was a drug addict or allow a drug addict move in with her and her kitten (assuming OP is female here, sorry). But even so, nobody deserves to have a pet killed by a hallucinating roommate.

Follow up! I want to know if the kitten is ok :(

cjwayy 22

Well, time to get a new roommate. I had a roommate who was an alcoholic and wouldn't admit it. I found bottles hidden in the strangest of places, and one time she tried to microwave cereal.

I would hit her over the head with a pan, what a bitch :(

I hope you called the cops on that idiot. And I'm really sorry about your poor kitty.

Club her upside the head and call the cops. Have her arrested for animal abuse and thrown in jail.

The poor thing! I hope he didn't die. That's a horrible way to lose a pet.

F MY Life? More like f your cats life! Poor little guy. Hope he's okay. Hope you had a serious chat with your roommate.