By Anonymous - 29/10/2014 17:06 - United States

Today, my dad vehemently refused to let me go on vacation to France with my best friend, because he watched Taken a few months ago and apparently forgot that it's just a movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 675
You deserved it 4 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kidnapping happens all of the time. You never know, be happy with your dad because he obviously loves you.

To be fair, my parents wouldn't have let me go to France without adult supervision when I was under 18 either.

Comments

hardstylerr 6

It's not just a movie, it is also a reality check.

If you look at movies these days then turn on the news, the only difference you'll see is that the main character is attractive. Be thankful your dad cares

Movies are inspired by true events. True events are inspired by movies. If you don't understand what I am trying to say, then you are clearly not sensible enough to even step out the front door.

Actually it's not just a movie. If you look it up, parts of that movie were based on true events. Hostel's are real, and people get kidnapped everyday. Human trafficking is a big deal, you should listen to your dad.

You can't deny the scary similarities though.

You can't deny the scary similarities though.

Taken may be a movie, but kidnappings like that do actually happen, probably more often than people would like to think about. I mean, yeah, it sucks that he doesn't want to you to go, because it would be an amazing trip, I'm sure. But he's looking out for you.

ChildrenOfFilth 12

I don't blame him. For a while I was freaked out about traveling to Europe after watching Hostel.

SnowKitten 14

I'm pretty sure there's a higher chance of getting into a car crash than being kidnapped, and yet everyone drives in a car