By Samantha - 13/03/2012 17:59 - Canada

Today, my dad insisted on having a family movie night. He chose the movies Jaws and Mayday. I'm going on a diving expedition tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 984
You deserved it 2 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That bites. But, hey, have fun on the dive!

As long as you're not on your period you should be fine!

Comments

That bites. But, hey, have fun on the dive!

#10 Your profile pic is an inspiration to all those little planets out there.

"bites" haha #1 I see what you did there ;) ...

FMLsOhilarious 6

I couldn't agree more 10. I don't know why people thumb down others who don't sugar coat their comments and just get straight to the point. OP just needs to stop crying and get over it.

FMLshark 12

Your dad has a creative way of giving you subliminal messages. Have fun diving!

64 - Your picture might give OP a nervous breakdown!

FMLshark 12

68: All the more reason I commented on this FML. ;)

Just be thankful it wasnt a jaws sequel. **** those are bad.

54-OP never said anything about having a panic attack our nervous breakdown. Nothing in the FML indicates an overreaction...THAT'S why your comments were thumbed down.

16-pluto wasnt changed to the status dwarf planet because it was small. It had more to do with the orbit.

zombiekillah 6

97- Why, thank you, I do try. (Let's not mention that's just how I talk...) Yep, it was most definitely a play on words.

mckenseymoore 0

Well aren't you a smart cookie

No. It's suspicious that his dad would choose those movies. #2 is pointing out the obvious fact that OP's dad is a cleverly disguised shark giving proper warning.

As long as you're not on your period you should be fine!

Because only 13 year old girls get periods... menopause at 14?

No 117 just no, I mean I know its not real but **** man that's creepy.

Seriously, we know you're joking but that's still absolutely disgusting and not funny.

Most sharks aren't even attracted to human blood anyway...

Llama_Face89 33

147- pretty sure they're whipped into a frenzy by any blood in the water.

#132 you think that's disgusting? Suck it up, YOURE 17

markrs 0

Or: he didn't want OP to come back

He would not have shown op those movies if he did not want him to come back. He wanted to scare op into not going. If he didn't want op to come back, he would not have spooked him...

It's ok OP! It's just a movie! I hope you have fun tomorrow!

Mister_Triangle 21

True, and sharks kill less people than lightning. You don't gave anything to worry about OP. Statistically, you're much more likely to die driving to where the boat is docked

Just don't be looking tasty on the day!

He obviously wants you to be eaten for dinner. Hey, maybe you'd make a good meal for me... *gets out a knife and fork*

You do know that's cannibalism, and in the great words of Willy Wonka, is frowned upon in most societies.

Ooooh, I have company... Looks like I have a feast for me tonight! *evil laughter*

blueandpurpleroc 4

Well considering you have experience and go with a couple of people, you should be relatively safe.

what blueandpurpleroc means is swim fast and dont look back

i was referring to the the joke where you dont have to outrun the bear, or shark in this case, just your friends.....

Schizomaniac 24

Yeah, but unfortunately in this case, sharks are so much faster than humans that they'd probably have enough time to eat all of your friends, swim 12 laps around you, take a nap, and then eat you before you had very much time to think about it.

FMLsOhilarious 6
KiddNYC1O 20

Point is op will probably be paranoid as **** during their expedition...