By Anonymous - 29/10/2014 17:06 - United States

Today, my dad vehemently refused to let me go on vacation to France with my best friend, because he watched Taken a few months ago and apparently forgot that it's just a movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 675
You deserved it 4 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kidnapping happens all of the time. You never know, be happy with your dad because he obviously loves you.

To be fair, my parents wouldn't have let me go to France without adult supervision when I was under 18 either.

Comments

I wonder what would happen if he watches Taken 2

Eh I have to agree with him on this one, it maybe just a movie but it could happen.

Um, yeah, just because something happens in a movie doesn't mean that it doesn't happen in real life. The basic premise of the movie is based on a very real issue, minus the hero because in reality women (and children) are kidnapped at an alarming rate, but they are very rarely rescued. Your Dad is protecting you and you should be grateful, because if you think that couldn't happen to you, you're wrong. That stuff happens Stateside too you know.

The girl thought her dad was paranoid too. Look what happened. If you're living under your dad's roof you follow his rules. Don't like them? Get a job, move out, and then you can do whatever you want. Jesus my parents wouldn't even let me go to sleepovers at your age. I survived.

"When I was your age"... how do you know how old OP is? She could be over 18 for all we know, in which case her dad doesn't really have any right to stop her going

Well how old are you? If you're 18 he technically can't stop you from going. He'd just be pissed.

iAisu 7

Um. Your Dad is looking out for you. Going to other countries is very dangerous for anyone. Especially for women. You get kidnapped and you'll never be seen again. It's great your Dad cares. Mine doesn't. Be grateful. ):

iAisu 7

Why did I get 2 thumbs down? 0.0?

Well now you got 3. Maybe because you sound like the archetypal American who is full of preconceived ideas about the outside world and therefore is too scared to ever visit it. It's amazing how the US propaganda machinery works just as well as the North Korean.

Human trafficking is the 3rd largest criminal industry in the world. It's real and it happens.

I'm surprised at how many people are siding with OP's dad, because "it could happen". Personally, I think "You can't go on holiday because you *could* get kidnapped" sounds a little ridiculous. (However I think a lot of this depends on OP's age)

ostfaiz 18

Run Run Run away... trips are always fun, dont regret later Op

lil white girls be gettin taken on a regular