By stranded - 19/05/2011 11:46 - United States

Today, my car ran out of gas. I was 20 feet away from the gas pump and the only person I could ask for help was the attendant, who'd asked me out a week ago. I'd said no, and so did he. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 856
You deserved it 15 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's all this BS about karma? She's allowed to date whomever she wants.

Karma? If I was a girl, I don't think that I'd want to date a gas station attendant either.

Comments

JennaMarie420 2

@24 I had to thumbs up your comment it's even funnier since your a woman.

JennaMarie420 2

haha hey whatever works right?

Kingspin 0

I call it a jerry can. It's an amazing invention that holds gas!

I will never understand why or how people let their gas tanks get so empty. There is even a warning light to tell you to get gas! if you can not take care of your car you don't deserve the help and walking twenty feet is nothing you lazy bum! get over yourself get a gas can and fill your tank not that hard!

@28 You're absolutely right on this however I know when my gas light comes on I can go at least 45 miles so I reset my trip odometer and press on. I have pulled into gas stations and put 14.8 gallons in my 15 gal tank. One time it was because gas was 20 cent cheaper at the gas station I was trying to get to. I suppose if I would've ran out of gas I'd be an OP on here.

Not all cars have warning lights. It's entirely possible OP has an older vehicle.

took the words right out of my mouth.

not having a warning light is no excuse to run out of gas. it takes less than one second to look down and see that your gauge is on E.

^Op still has a fuel gauge and knew her car was on empty in which case your comment is 100% irrelevant!

I think it's funny that people leave their car's gas tank so low while continuing to drive around looking for the cheapest gas. The average vehicle holds about 16 gallons of gasoline - that's more than most cars and less than most trucks. Say you find gas that's .20 cheaper - congrats! You saved a whoppin' $3.00 for far lesser quality gasoline! Taking into account the shortened life and performance of your engine, I'm sure the $6.00 a month that you save won't really get you very far. Nitrogen additives

Nitrogen additives are for the win.* Sped the extra few bucks, people.

@104 far less quality gasoline? Gas is gas it doesn't matter where it comes from and I think it's more a psychological thing paying less for gas. Would you take $3 and throw it out the window? I didn't think so see it does matter.

Egnar 19

Hate to break it down for you sweetie but it's that kind of thinking that gas stations that charge higher premiums RELY on - The difference in gasoline is minimal because the quality is federally regulated to assure the health of your engine. Is it worth it to drive around 15 minutes to look for cheaper gas that'll end up being 8c cheaper? no. . .But the gas quality difference is negligible between MOST gas station.

fromtxnotcowboy 12

Even if had no warning light her dumbass could clearly see if she has gas or not. If u cant even tell if you have gas you shouldn't be driving. I never drive my car with less than 1/4 tank of gas for the same reason.

despite what most people are saying on here I think he should have pushed your car. If you're a decent person it would have made you feel like crap and made him the better person for not holding a grudge.

if he were the bigger person this wouldn't be an FML

why do you need help filling a gas can and pouring it into your car? idiot...

Zaira921 7

Good thing you didn't date him, hs a bitter jerk.

YDI for letting your car run out of gas. it's common sense to fill it up long before it runs out. But to everyone that says she deserves it because she turned the boy down, it's his job to help her as a customer. I don't see what that has to do with them not dating.

cjsavage84 2

why do people say he should lose his job? its not his job to go out and push customers cars... what if he was injured, would work cover that?? I might add this isn't karma either she had mightn't to date him though it does sound like she is just pissed at him..

she's only a customer if she buys something. until then she's not. so no need to help lol

psychwardnurse 0

I hope he loses his job for not helping a customer. but YDI for not pushing the car 20 feet... wimp!

mariet_fml 23

In what way is pushing her vehicle his job? Most attendants cannot leave the building, and most employers would not want him pushing the car anyway in case he gets injured.

psychwardnurse 0

I know it's bad business to say oh sorry you are s.o.l. and also if u work at a gas station then chances are you are outside already because you are too stupid to get a real job and have to pump gas for a living.

mariet_fml 23

Those silly high schoolers pumping gas. Why don't they get a real job?

JesterMarcus 0

How do you run outta gas? Complete failure as human life.

I agree. Even when it shows that the tank is empty there's still a little bit left. If you run out of gas it's your own fault.

I guess you will think twice before you say no.