Stranded

By Mike - 29/06/2021 02:01

Today, in an effort to conserve gas by using as much of the gas in my tank before refilling it, I ran out just before I could get to the gas station. Nobody can come bring me any. FML
I agree, your life sucks 232
You deserved it 1 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bobsanction 18

That's not how conserving works bud.

DoctorPALO 14

How, exactly, is this conserving gas? You have to use as much gas as you need. Conserving gas means you walk or bike, not ruin your car.

Comments

How do you not know how many miles you get roughly when the fuel light comes on? That was the first thing my mom and stepdad told me to always know with vehicles. These days, vehicles tend to tell you appx how many.

It really bad to run your car on less than half a tank. Your fuel pump picks up the trash in the bottom of your tank (debres that gets pumped in your car at the gas station)

Jon Tessler 14

you can run it down to less than 1/4 of a tank and be fine. but yeah, most cars tell you how many miles you have left.

What's with the down votes? Personally I don't let my tank get below 1/5 before refill just because it stresses me out knowing I could have no time to get gas and no gas if I keep running it lower.

Ambrily 27

They all must like to live dangerously.

bobsanction 18

That's not how conserving works bud.

DoctorPALO 14

How, exactly, is this conserving gas? You have to use as much gas as you need. Conserving gas means you walk or bike, not ruin your car.

Advance 56

I guess because the car is lighter with less fuel in the tank, it has a (very slightly) better mileage.

number 1. you're an idiot. that's one of the dumbest things I've heard today. you're gonna use the gas anyway. just admit you're too broke to buy gas maybe? number 2. the rule is don't let it get below 1/4 of a tank. the gas is what keeps the fuel pump from overheating and burning up. best to just get in the habit of filling up when it gets down to 1/2 tank. toilet thank me later. ps this info is from a master mechanic btw.

That's not how any of this works 🤦🤦🤦

If you were that close to a gas station just ******* walk there?