By stranded - 19/05/2011 11:46 - United States

Today, my car ran out of gas. I was 20 feet away from the gas pump and the only person I could ask for help was the attendant, who'd asked me out a week ago. I'd said no, and so did he. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 856
You deserved it 15 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's all this BS about karma? She's allowed to date whomever she wants.

Karma? If I was a girl, I don't think that I'd want to date a gas station attendant either.

Comments

TalkinSmack 6

I'd be complaining to his boss. he shouldn't be letting his personal issues interfere with his job. poor customer service = customer complaint.

mariet_fml 23

It's not his job to push her car. Most of the time, attendants are not allowed to leave the store except in emergencies. A good manager would tell her to shove it up her ass.

Egnar 19

Let me point out a few things: 1) Barring a super emergency where something incredibly rare happened that didn't allow her to get gas in a period of 200-400 miles [depending on gas tank size and type of mileage] the OP is an idiot for letting this happen. 2) The attendant may be a jackass for saying no [most people would help out] but his job description isn't "push cars". Depending on state laws and whether it's a full service station or not it may not even be his job to pump gas [he could be paid to sit behind a register, sell snacks and take gas payments. Hell, most gas stations make more money off Cig/Snack sales than they do on gas. Sure his boss may get mad at him if she goes up to the guy and spins a sad story about how the ONLY reason he said no was because she said no to a date, but, frankly it's just not his job to do it or care. Poor guy makes a little bit over minimum wage and you're upset that he won't push your 2 ton vehicle to a pump you should be responsible enough to get to on your own? 3) There is no karma involved her - Unless of course her idea of rejecting a date was something vile like cursing the guy off and reminding him of XYZ problems he may have - I'm sure she's smart enough not to do this considering this guy works at the gas station she obviously frequents. People have the right to go out with whom they choose, or, at the very least put out the offer. . .You don't date people just so karma doesn't bite you in the ass. . It doesn't work like that.

yes, what the OP is REALLY saying in her post is, "Oh, i made this bad decision; let me get everyone in the world involved and demand they fix it so that i don't have to face the consequences of my own stupidity. I want to make everyone else deal with my stupidity." Which is 100 percent what you are doing, OP, whether you admit it or not. If you hadn't made such a bad decision, you wouldn't even have GONE to that gas station in the first place and bought gas. You would have just driven right on by and not bought anything, because like you should have, you would have had gas in your tank. So for the commenters, using 'customer complaints' as a reason to make him look bad or complaining to management is just 100 percent idiotic and deflective. For $7.50 or $9 an hour, i wouldn't help you push your car, either. On a side note, *she* put the two together, him asking her out and him not helping her. That doesn't mean he did whatsoever. That just means she put those two actions together as related and in the same sentence, not him. Maybe he's the only one there and can't leave. Maybe he even told her that and she just selectively left that out. Do you know how common that is for gas stations to only have one person as an attendant for the whole store + surrounding lot? Very. Lastly, i love these posts that are just 100 percent indignant about him not making up for her stupidity, like it's not her own fault for being stupid, like he has a duty to make up for it, doubly so for attempting to bring gender into THAT argument.

sailorzoe 14

I'd trip that bitch as she was walking away.

Gadomski87 2

Go inside, buy a gas container, put gas in the gas container, pour gas from gas container into your gas tank, PROFIT!

Whats all this crap about Karma. So shes supposed to say yes to any guy thats asks her out? Some of you are retarded. But yes pushing your car twenty feet is not a big deal. I also agree that running out of gas is not acceptable.

Definitely not Karma, if he really wanted to impress OP with a show of good character he ruined it by saying no. He is a dick!

YDI. How do you run out of gas when your vehicle has a meter that tells you when your low on fuel? And to everyone mad at the attendant who didn't help, I'm sure OP's rejection wasn't as subtle or gentle as she'd like to remember it being..

iamtwiggyme 0

I agree. Girls can be really rude when a guy asks them out. Especially since he's "just a gas station attendant".

Joeboy777 0
sxe_beast 11

I give JoeBoy's comment a...thumbs down.

ThrasT 0

Jerry can + little bit of fuel = drive to pump, fill up the rest.

tannerjr2009 0

it's not karma. and it's not that hard to push a car