By 2ndchoice - 12/12/2009 15:47 - Belgium

Today, my boyfriend wanted to tell me how much he loves me. He said a lot of wonderful things, such as not being able to live without me and hoping that I would want to live with him and marry him someday. He ended his loving speech with his ex-girlfriend's name instead of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 005
You deserved it 2 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kind of uncomfortable, but it probably doesn't mean much if they were together for a long time. I still occasionally slip up and almost use my exes name, and we've been apart for 3 year and I left him and most certainly don't have feelings for him. I'm sure your bf is kicking himself enough. Just appreciate that he did mean to say those things to you.

Sometimes people mix up names. For example, I just had a baby, and sometimes I accidentally call her by her brother's name. It's not that I love my son more, it's that I haven't reprogrammed myself to say her name. I talk to a baby and my son's name comes to mind, because until now he's the only baby I've talked to on a regular basis. Does that make any sense?

Comments

There's definitely something wrong with this guy and his intentions, if he loves you so much, he'd remember your name.. not the name of his ex. And for all the people here who say: oh its nothing blah blah shut up.. it is a big deal.

people trip over their words, get over it. whiney *****; at least you're boyfriend SAID those things to you

sorry for the prod, but looks like SOMEONE isn't getting enough compliments

aquariusxx 0

it really isn't a big deal, though. I once accidentally called my most recent boyfriend by my ex's name when we were arguing because I wasn't used to fighting with my new boyfriend, but I had fought with my ex all of the time. your post implies that your boyfriend doesn't speak to you like this very often, so he's probably just not used to it with you. it's nothing done on purpose, it just happens sometimes. my friend once called me by her dog's name, it doesn't mean she thinks I'm a bitch.

Dump the ****** and date one of his friends to get back

you have a truly ****** up mind if you're serious.

Did he immediately realize what he did and then apologize? If he did, you're a bitch for even submitting this.

My boyfriend often said his ex-wife's name instead of mine. I used to think of it as me moving into the cubicle she had taken up in his mind, he was just having problems changing out the nameplate. Now he's my husband and he always calls me by my name....and often uses my name when trying to refer to her. DON'T let this be a deal breaker.

If he only recently broke up with her, and your relationship has been short, he might have just been nervous. But if you've been together for a long time, and she's been "out of his life" for awhile, maybe he's still hung up on her. Don't jump to conclusions, and give him a chance to explain.

lily2795 0

That, is a big juicy tub of FAILURE. He needs a big dumping, that's what he needs honey. Well, don't dump him, not untill you find out his ' perfectly logicall explanation ' . Ha.

umm, yes. Totally. He NEEDS to be dumped for a slip up, you make so much sense. Read my post, but saying a guy should be cut off from something he DOES love, just for this, is kind of bitchy. Someone obviously doesn't know how to handle things.