By Kelsie - 12/12/2009 15:41 - United States

Today, my mother thought it would be okay to take my camera and erase all of my pictures that included my graduation, party, and my sisters wedding. Her excuse? "We need more room for Katie's birthday." Katie is our pet cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 648
You deserved it 4 072

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DoingItWrong 0

They are recoverable so long as she hasn't taken the pictures of "Katie" yet. Swap out the memory card for a new one and hold onto the memory card with the deleted pictures in them. Then find a Computer Tech who can recover deleted data from computers, flash drives, and memory cards. It won't be cheap ... but you could always send your mother the bill once you recover them.

What a bitch. But you should back your pictures up really.

Comments

YDI for not backing up your important photos to your computer as soon as you could. Jackass. EDIT: I'm first. No one cares. Life moves on.

This person is very right. You dont take pictures of something important and then just leave them on the camera. How are you gonna show the pictures to anyone while they are on the camera ? How long had it been since you took those pictures ? Alot of stuff happened since then, so would it have been that hard to take 10 minutes, and put the pictures on your computer ? Erasing the pictures on the camera was a stupid thing to do but it was bound to happen since you can only fill a camera with a finite amount of pictures.

YDI for not considering the cat on its birthday

Shut up. It's up to the OP what he does with his pictures and his camera or not. You DON'T delete pictures on someone elses camera without asking first. Period.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself. No offense, OP, but your mother is a twit. You never go into anyones personal data and delete it for your own use. She has her own camera, doesn't she?

#44, Some people just don't put them on their CPU until they have their memory filled. It saves time! And, again, the mother shouldn't use his camera for pictures it seems only SHE wants.

Has it occured to anyone (I'm sure it has) that those pictures may have been taken somewhat recently, and from the sound of it, life could have been very busy and therefore there was little or no time to upload pictures? The mother sounds a bit nuts.

michalk92 0

he's jus a dumb *** no one cares about obviously. it's his mom. she doesn't need permission to ask her dumb ass son to use a cemera

Don't CALL someone a dumb **** if you can't even spell ****. Also, l2spell camera. As a comment to the FML, your mom is pretty selfish, not even giving you a chance to put the pictures on your computer.

tear up her photo album, and say it's for more room for your imaginary friend

it was her own, personal camera. and the granny foolishly deleted the pics

What a bitch. But you should back your pictures up really.

drewbaca 0

cat+microwave= plenty of room on your camera

BikerMike 0

your mom is ****. erase everything on her computer

mguzman011 0

then say "i needed more space for my songs!"

seriously? you just leave pictures like that on your camera? youre just begging for someone to delete them all.

EEEERRRRIIIICCC 4

op should delete the cat pics right away

No OP is not "begging for someone to delete them." you should read it. "to take MY camera and erase.." the mother should just buy/use her own camera.

BBoxall 0

Dude get a life. This is a website for people to get support not get trolled.

DoingItWrong 0

They are recoverable so long as she hasn't taken the pictures of "Katie" yet. Swap out the memory card for a new one and hold onto the memory card with the deleted pictures in them. Then find a Computer Tech who can recover deleted data from computers, flash drives, and memory cards. It won't be cheap ... but you could always send your mother the bill once you recover them.

spiderman0606 0

It's even easier than that. Your pictures are deleted but they are still there in a picture location. There's still time to recover them as long as new pictures have not been taken that replace your old picture locations. You don't need to go to a techie to fix it. There are many free programs online called "file recoveries" or some shit to get it done. I used one to get files from my memory card when it stopped responding and randomly needed to be formatted to be read. I'll post a link to it if I find where I downloaded it from. Well, if the pictures were already taken of your cat, then FYL.

fischju 0

If the poster of this does read this FML, get this program: http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/ - Even if new pictures have been taken, many should still be recoverable. Follow the directions of the program.

YDI: Back pictures up, gotta have been months FYL: Mothers valueing pets more then children, never a nice thing. And your mother shouldn't have been that lazey and taken the 5 minutes to replace the memory card/back em up.

Let me guess, your mom also dresses up your cat too? I wouldnt give you a YDI for not backing up your pics, but you really should have. What a bitch.

Why didn't your transfer your files of your sd card?

peroxideprincess 0

yeah, you could've saved the pics in your computer... but, your mom sucks for loving the pet cat more than you...

Rellich 0

FYL. As payback, erase her pictures.

iJasper 8

HAHA And like right after she takes a vacation somewhere xD