By 2ndchoice - 12/12/2009 15:47 - Belgium

Today, my boyfriend wanted to tell me how much he loves me. He said a lot of wonderful things, such as not being able to live without me and hoping that I would want to live with him and marry him someday. He ended his loving speech with his ex-girlfriend's name instead of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 005
You deserved it 2 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kind of uncomfortable, but it probably doesn't mean much if they were together for a long time. I still occasionally slip up and almost use my exes name, and we've been apart for 3 year and I left him and most certainly don't have feelings for him. I'm sure your bf is kicking himself enough. Just appreciate that he did mean to say those things to you.

Sometimes people mix up names. For example, I just had a baby, and sometimes I accidentally call her by her brother's name. It's not that I love my son more, it's that I haven't reprogrammed myself to say her name. I talk to a baby and my son's name comes to mind, because until now he's the only baby I've talked to on a regular basis. Does that make any sense?

Comments

don't worry about it, all boys still have wounds in the heart, it happens to each one of us. He did think what he told you, but other girls made him feel bad.

people who keep saying that he's a bad person, that he f****d up for doing that, that he rehearsed it and doesn't love her, STOP THE IDIOCY. Guys(myself included) are beings who make mistakes very frequently. He meant EVERYTHING he said most likely, if he meant it at all for anyone, but just messed up a name. Maybe he was thinking about how much better you were than her, and in thinking about her in that indirect way his brain had him slip and say her name. I love my girlfriend very very much but a few time I almost called her by ex's name(luckily I caught myself beforehand, and seem not to have that problem anymore)

FYL, I'm sire it ruined the moment. At least he meant it to you and not to her and just kind a tenproary brain fart. try to look past it and think about that he really wants all of that with you not her

mandi625 0

Uh oh that happened to me too, but i was the boyfriend in that case and i got slapped lol.

It was probably a slip of the tongue. Some people do that when they haven't thought of their ex for a while. Same sort of thing as I used to call my teachers mum by mistake even the male ones, didnt mean to. Those statements were meant for you not his ex.