By 2ndchoice - 12/12/2009 15:47 - Belgium

Today, my boyfriend wanted to tell me how much he loves me. He said a lot of wonderful things, such as not being able to live without me and hoping that I would want to live with him and marry him someday. He ended his loving speech with his ex-girlfriend's name instead of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 005
You deserved it 2 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kind of uncomfortable, but it probably doesn't mean much if they were together for a long time. I still occasionally slip up and almost use my exes name, and we've been apart for 3 year and I left him and most certainly don't have feelings for him. I'm sure your bf is kicking himself enough. Just appreciate that he did mean to say those things to you.

Sometimes people mix up names. For example, I just had a baby, and sometimes I accidentally call her by her brother's name. It's not that I love my son more, it's that I haven't reprogrammed myself to say her name. I talk to a baby and my son's name comes to mind, because until now he's the only baby I've talked to on a regular basis. Does that make any sense?

Comments

Are you serious? Think psychologically about it. If any girl is able to remind a guy of a previous love, she ought to take consolation in it: "Wow, I'm replacing her in his mind. Cool."

I'd rather be my own person and be the best ever than be a replacement or some second best. Not that I have a choice usually, but people are really into being the best EVERRRR in relationships.

Maybe, but him using his ex's name still sucks.

snagglepaste 0

So I'm guessing that killed the mood?

BikerMike 0

someone is not getting any pussy tonight

peroxideprincess 0
spiderman0606 0

Ross: I take thee Rachel. Err.. I TAKE THEE EMILY!

Shut the **** up. People make mistakes.

KingHumanity 0

Not really, it was clearly an accident. I'd be thrilled if my boyfriend had spent all that time writing out a speech about how he feels for me. He cares about her enough to do that, just give him time.

Kind of uncomfortable, but it probably doesn't mean much if they were together for a long time. I still occasionally slip up and almost use my exes name, and we've been apart for 3 year and I left him and most certainly don't have feelings for him. I'm sure your bf is kicking himself enough. Just appreciate that he did mean to say those things to you.

drewbaca 0

i agree, it is a super nervous moment for any man to profess his love. Not something we go around doing alot of. I have had the same problem in the past because i was thinking about that person earlier in the day especially when you are saying something that momentous. You may find some flattery that he was obviously thinking deeply about his past and found he loves you above everything he has experienced. Plus it will make a funny story in the future...good luck and congrats

What an jerk. If he said all of tht n tackd on his exs name, then i bet he said the very same thing to her. FYL

#6 That's a harsh speculation. I agree with #4. Guys mess up the name more often than you'd think. It's largely due to the fact that we hardly ever use your name (especially if you're the type of couple who uses stupid pet names). It's not that we don't remember you as a person, it's just a default value we've spat out for a long time. When we aren't consciously thinking about it, we can regurgitate an outdated name. You're going to end up dumping a really nice guy who isn't rehearsing everything he says to you if you keep up that kind of attitude.

Een verkeerde naam zeggen betekent niet altijd dat hij nog zo veel gevoelens voor zijn ex heeft hoor :) Kan ook een stomme vergissing zijn...

maar toch... ach ja.. West-Vlaanderen :D :D :D

AntiChrist7 0

It honestly could mean nothing, and just be a slip-up! Brains are funny things sometimes.